Text Reading Question

Greg Rhodes

When I have a numbered list in a MS Word document, NVDA will read the number e.g. 1 followed by my text, and then read the next number in the list e.g. 2. I arrow down a line and I get the number 2 followed by my text and the number 3. What setting do I change to get NVDA to not read the next line number at the end of the previous line? Thanks.

Greg

Rick

Hello Greg:

I also noticed this when I upgraded to version 2019-2. It only happens when you have “UI Automation to access Microsoft Word document controls when available” turn on in the advanced settings. If you turn this off, the behavior goes away.

This may be a defect in the UI automation settings behavior of NVDA.

Rick