Topics

Zoom with nvda

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi guys

Does any one know of a tutorial for us to learn how to use this program?

There seems to be videos aimed more at the sighted.

I was browsing there website at https://zoom.us

It looks as though you can do one on one for free but if in a group only up to 40 minutes for free if I read it right.

Has any one used it or have notes on it to use it.

I have been asked to use it they sent me a link and it is all setup to go into a room etc and had a look around the app I think you would call it.

But I was also looking at it from the other side you setting up a room or inviting some one into the room etc if you get what I mean but not going into all the other features it has.

Any help would be great I guess also down the track to try it out from the other side the basic's of using it with some one.

Gene nz

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Jonathan Mosen sold, and probably still sells, a book about Zoom.

The iOS app is quite accessible.

[...]

I came across the book not in my price range. I am looking at it from a nvda user using there platform.

I just come across some material that zoom sent to me in a chat so will be checking it out hopefully it is not a video or if it is and they describe it well maybe take notes.

Gene nz

On 1/10/2019 11:28 AM, Dean Martineau wrote:

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

I use this client all the time. If you have any questions feel free to ask. It's farily easy to use.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 30 Sep 2019, at 15:18, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

[...]

I am looking at it from the windows desk top version with nvda.

I have got down how to do it from joining a meeting.

Except when we went to do it today he said I was clear but I could not hear him but both mic and speakers worked correctly on my side and he also said his before in another meeting.

But not in this one.

I have not done it from the other side yet running it but not the other way if hosting one or a person one on one if some one chats that way.

Apart from signing up for a free account writing down the basic's of it from that side then I need to try it out with some one to finish off the tutorial.

I guess a work in progress.

Would you have any thing written down? that I could follow?

Any help would be great if you could.

I guess also I will need to hook up with some one as well to test it out.

I might be able to do this between 2 computer here at home? or abroad.

Gene nz

On 1/10/2019 3:13 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

[...]

About the time limit thing, you read correctly. Alt+a mutes and unnmutes audio, alt+v turns on and off your video. NVDA WILL READ ALERTS TO YOU. Alerts are when you turn on/off video, audio, or when someone joins the meeting.

If you are in the home tab, you will see a search field. Tab past that, and you will see a drop down button. When you down-arrow, you will eventually get to settings. Most everything explains itself as far as settings go. There is a tab under settings that gives you all keyboard shortcuts you could ever want. You can change them if you wish to. I hope this helps you a bit.

Hi guys

Does any one know of a tutorial for us to learn how to use this program?

There seems to be videos aimed more at the sighted.

I was browsing there website at https://zoom.us

It looks as though you can do one on one for free but if in a group only up to 40 minutes for free if I read it right.

Has any one used it or have notes on it to use it.

I have been asked to use it they sent me a link and it is all setup to go into a room etc and had a look around the app I think you would call it.

But I was also looking at it from the other side you setting up a room or inviting some one into the room etc if you get what I mean but not going into all the other features it has.

Any help would be great I guess also down the track to try it out from the other side the basic's of using it with some one.

Gene nz

George Kerscher

Hi,

I read their training materials and it worked well for me. Also, their tech support is excellent, and they have been trained about screen readers. I am not saying that they know keystrokes and all that, but they do have a clue about screen readers. Try their training materials first. Oh, and I love Zoom.

Best

George

[...]

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hello,

I fully agree, Zoom is very accessible. I use it in my company daily many times since it  replaced webEx and Skype for Business for our conference calls. Even the presentation pane can be focussed easily and the content of it can be read with NVDAs OCR (NVDA-r).

Cheers,

  Ralf

[...]

I also use it for my youtube streams as well. It's just better than team talk. Both have their place, but zoom is just easy peezy to set up.

On 1 Oct 2019, at 6:05, Ralf Kefferpuetz wrote:

[...]

Samuel Villa <Saleena81@...>

Hey.

This may be off topic, but on the Freedom Scientific YouTube channel, there is an instructional video on how to use Zoom with JAWS.

Let me know if this was helpful.

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

I went to there you tube channel from off the website of theres and I could only find it for the zoom magnifier not the zoom conferencing software. Maybe I missed it.

I think I will also sign up later on today or tomorrow for a free account then do it from the side of it been hosted the basics and lay out etc when I got it worked out.

Also will check out training material from the zoom website etc which I have been doing.

I will do it more on the audio side not all the other stuff I think I will point to videos for that.

Would I have any takers who would like to read the tutorial after it has been typed up especially those who have done it from both sides? to make sure it is right before posting to the website of mine for others to use or follow.

If so I can contact you off list for that or the other way around.

Gene nz

Gene nz

On 2/10/2019 7:02 AM, Samuel Villa wrote:

Hey.

This may be off topic, but on the Freedom Scientific YouTube channel, there is an instructional video on how to use Zoom with JAWS.

Let me know if this was helpful.

Sarah k Alawami

Hello. I have a podcast highlighting the good, the bad and the inaccesibal on zoom rom a mac side but you can perhaps take some of it and convert it into pc stuff. Go to my podcast site in the sig and search for the keyword, zoom.

www.zoom.us is the site you should start with.