Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 6:55 PM
Subject: [nvda] Learning Python course

Hi everyone,

My apologies, I was on leave last week and am still catching up on messages and the group.  I'm not ignoring anyone :)

In the meantime, I saw this on Facebook, from CAVI - the Cisco Academy for the Vision Impaired.  They are running a Python course, online and open to anyone (and Linux Essentials for anyone interested in that as well).  I know there is often interest in learning Python and if that is you, then this may be a good opportunity.  They don't have it up on their site (or didn't last I checked), but see this facebook post for details: https://www.facebook.com/ciscovision/posts/2480801161980927?comment_id=2553215171406192&notif_id=1569841303908710&notif_t=feed_comment_reply

Essentially:

"The courses we will be offering as of January 2020 will be, Python Essentials and Linux Essentials! 👌👍😃 If you could please send and email to neil.hines@..., with the course you'd like to participate in, plus your first and last name plus your date of birth and country of origin, we will be in contact over the next 2 weeks to confirm the course details and your enrolment into either offering, many thanks in advance,"

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

hi quentin.
can i participate in python training if i can learn programming?
i always wished to learn it, but i always afraid of learning programming!
God bless you!

https://www.facebook.com/ciscovision/posts/2480801161980927?comment_id=2553215171406192¬if_id=1569841303908710¬if_t=feed_comment_reply

to neil.hines@curtin.edu.au, with the course you'd like to participate in,
plus your first and last name plus your date of birth and country of
origin, we will be in contact over the next 2 weeks to confirm the course
details and your enrolment into either offering, many thanks in advance,"

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org

By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Quentin Christensen

Hi Zahra,

I must admit, I really don't know any more about it than in the post.  My suggestion would be to email Neil, who is organising it, at neil.hines@... and I am sure he'll be able to give you more details about what is involved, what you would be expected to know coming into the course, and anything else.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Arlene

There:You can participate programming but I’m afraid you will have to update your system. No updated programs will work with xp. I know you like it but I’m afraid you’ll have to update your windows operating system.Over the years computer coding has changed.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

can i participate in python training if i can learn programming?

i always wished to learn it, but i always afraid of learning programming!

God bless you!

> Hi everyone,

> My apologies, I was on leave last week and am still catching up on messages

> and the group.  I'm not ignoring anyone :)

> In the meantime, I saw this on Facebook, from CAVI - the Cisco Academy for

> the Vision Impaired.  They are running a Python course, online and open to

> anyone (and Linux Essentials for anyone interested in that as well).  I

> know there is often interest in learning Python and if that is you, then

> this may be a good opportunity.  They don't have it up on their site (or

> didn't last I checked), but see this facebook post for details:

> https://www.facebook.com/ciscovision/posts/2480801161980927?comment_id=2553215171406192&notif_id=1569841303908710&notif_t=feed_comment_reply

> Essentially:

> "The courses we will be offering as of January 2020 will be, Python

> Essentials and Linux Essentials! 👌👍😃 If you could please send and email

> to neil.hines@..., with the course you'd like to participate in,

> plus your first and last name plus your date of birth and country of

> origin, we will be in contact over the next 2 weeks to confirm the course

> details and your enrolment into either offering, many thanks in advance,"

> --

> Quentin Christensen

> Training and Support Manager

> Web: www.nvaccess.org

> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

> Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

in that case, i can use python 3.4 or earlier.
i remember that joseph lee mentioned that version 3.4 of python is the
last version which supports xp.

On 10/2/19, Arlene <nedster66@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Probably could. Only for xp users.I don’t think many people use it still. There’s no support for it.

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

David Mehler

Hello,

Where is this python course at?

Thanks.
Dave.

[...]

molly the blind tech lover

Hi. Not sure but it sounds awesome ☺

email to neil.hines@curtin.edu.au, with the course you'd like to
[...]

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

it is with cavi
which is cisco acccadamy for the visually impaired

[...]

Hi, do you have to pay to take this course? Also, can you test older versions that will work with xp? Just curious.