Latest versions of Chrome and Firefox for NVDA 2019

Dennis Clark

Hello Everyone,
In recent days I have installed NVDA. and have read the very excellent user manual. I am coming from Jaws, and with that screen reader, the most recent versions of Chrome and Firefox do not work at all, or do not work well. For this reason, I'm curious which are the latest releases of Chrome and Firefox are regarded as working well with NVDA 2019. Also, are there other browsers that NVDA users are having success with? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Dennis

Lino Morales

Dennis. What version of Firefox do you have installed currently? The current version is 69.0.1. I don't use Chrome so someone else would have to answer that one. What seems tonnot work?

On 10/1/2019 8:00 PM, Dennis Clark wrote:
Hello Everyone,
In recent days I have installed NVDA. and have read the very excellent user manual. I am coming from Jaws, and with that screen reader, the most recent versions of Chrome and Firefox do not work at all, or do not work well. For this reason, I'm curious which are the latest releases of Chrome and Firefox are regarded as working well with NVDA 2019. Also, are there other browsers that NVDA users are having success with? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Dennis

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Dennis

What do you mean by not working well.

I have a few different browsers on this computer plus the 2 you mention chrome and fie fire fox plus the new edge chromium based version.

I do have a list of browsers that work with nvda up on my website under nvda road test programs page at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

On the road tested page jump down to a heading called browsers and it will also note if not compatible

Is nvda not reading the contents of the web page or what is actually happening so we can help.

Gene nz

On 2/10/2019 1:00 PM, Dennis Clark wrote:
Hello  Everyone,
Dennis

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related materials at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

To find out which library networks in New Zealand have a copy of the NVDA screen reader on them and there library locations please go to http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nz%20libraries%20with%20nvda.html
To find a NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

The latest Google Chrome is  77.0.3865.90

The latest Brave is Version 0.68.142 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90

The latest Edge Dev is Build 79.0.287.2

I haven't had any issues with NVDA when I've been using it with any of these or Firefox 69.0.1
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362  

The color of truth is grey.

~ André Gide

my favorite version of nvda is 2017
and i havve no issue when using any version of browsers from older
versions to newer ones that work with xp.
not sure about newer versions of nvda and browsers, but i believe that
nvda should be very responsive in browsers regardless of there
versions.

On 10/2/19, Dennis Clark <dennis@dgclark.net> wrote:
Hello Everyone,
In recent days I have installed NVDA. and have read the very excellent
user manual. I am coming from Jaws, and with that screen reader, the
most recent versions of Chrome and Firefox do not work at all, or do not
work well. For this reason, I'm curious which are the latest releases of
Chrome and Firefox are regarded as working well with NVDA 2019. Also,
are there other browsers that NVDA users are having success with? Thanks
in advance for your assistance.
Dennis

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Arlene

Denis, Arlene here: I used the latest version of NVDAwith Chrome. I was updated to win ten February this year.  I was in the middle of taking food safe and with that class I had to use NVDA. For some strange reason whatever the site used, the latest version of Jaws could not read it. I used an older version of Jaws on win 7. I thought it was because it was an older version it would not work. But I was wrong. When I got the latest version of Jaws. It would not work for the site. NVDA came through once again!  

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: October 1, 2019 7:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest versions of Chrome and Firefox for NVDA 2019

my favorite version of nvda is 2017

and i havve no issue when using any version of browsers from older

versions to newer ones that work with xp.

not sure about newer versions of nvda and browsers, but i believe that

nvda should be very responsive in browsers regardless of there

versions.

On 10/2/19, Dennis Clark <dennis@...> wrote:

> Hello  Everyone,

> In recent days I have installed NVDA. and have read the very excellent

> user manual. I am coming from Jaws, and with that screen reader, the

> most recent versions of Chrome and Firefox do not work at all, or do not

> work well. For this reason, I'm curious which are the latest releases of

> Chrome and Firefox are regarded as working well with NVDA 2019. Also,

> are there other browsers that NVDA users are having success with? Thanks

> in advance for your assistance.