2019.2.1 - the treeview reading problem in eclipse persists

Alexandre Alves Toco

It is very frustrating to see the time going and this problem is not being addressed.

I imagine that nvaccess has it’s criterias to priorize fixes and improovements.

But, since eclipse is a work and programing learning tool, I think it should be priorized because it is important to the blind comunity to empower it self.

I don`t know if it is an windows`s issue. But narrator and jaws read the treeviews correctly...

Enviado do Email para Windows 10

Antony Stone

If there is some feature which you would like to be implemented because it is
important for people in their jobs, it might be worth asking employers to
sponsor the development effort needed to work on it.

Regards,

Antony.

--
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was formed in 1824.
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children was not formed

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Lukasz Golonka <wulfryk1@...>

Hello,

On Fri, 4 Oct 2019 08:13:03 -0300
"Alexandre Alves Toco" <alexandretoco@gmail.com> wrote:

It is very frustrating to see the time going and this problem is not being addressed.

Has this worked before i.e. in 2019.1? If so there were some fixes to
the Eclipse in 2019.2. It is possible that something regressed along the
way.

--
Regards
Lukasz

Alexandre Alves Toco

It would be amazing!

But i imagine it would require a lot of agréments. Besides the company is in Brazil. So it would be na international agrément what make things even more difficult.

Infact they bought jaws because there is a dealler in Brazil.

But I want and need to study at home.

Enviado do Email para Windows 10

If there is some feature which you would like to be implemented because it is

important for people in their jobs, it might be worth asking employers to

sponsor the development effort needed to work on it.

Regards,

Antony.

On Friday 04 October 2019 at 12:13:03, Alexandre Alves Toco wrote:

> It is very frustrating to see the time going and this problem is not being

> addressed. I imagine that nvaccess has it’s criterias to priorize fixes

> and improovements. But, since eclipse is a work and programing learning

> tool, I think it should be priorized because it is important to the blind

> comunity to empower it self. I don`t know if it is an windows`s issue. But

> narrator and jaws read the treeviews correctly...

--

The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was formed in 1824.

The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children was not formed

until 1884.

That says something about the British.

                                                   Please reply to the list;

                                                         please *don't* CC me.

Alexandre Alves Toco

I suspect it is a side effect caused by na update in Windows because I still have a portable instalation of nvda 2018.4 and it worked before but now it also has the problematic behaviour.

Maybe narrator and jaws use a method to access treeview’s information that was not affected by changes in Windows.

Enviado do Email para Windows 10

> It is very frustrating to see the time going and this problem is not being addressed.

Has this worked before i.e. in 2019.1? If so there were some fixes to

the Eclipse in 2019.2. It is possible that something regressed along the

way.

--

Regards

Lukasz

Lukasz Golonka <wulfryk1@...>

Hello,

On Sat, 5 Oct 2019 11:45:24 -0300
"Alexandre Alves Toco" <alexandretoco@gmail.com> wrote:

I suspect it is a side effect caused by na update in Windows because I still have a portable instalation of nvda 2018.4 and it worked before but now it also has the problematic behaviour.
Maybe narrator and jaws use a method to access treeview�s information that was not affected by changes in Windows.

It is more likely that something has changed in Eclipse itself. Could
you please focus one of these doubly announced treview items, press
NVDA+f1, copy developer info for this object, and send it here?

--
Regards
Lukasz

Alexandre Alves Toco

Here it goes:

Developer info for navigator object:

name: u'src/main/java'

role: ROLE_TREEVIEWITEM

states: STATE_EXPANDED, STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_FOCUSED, STATE_SELECTED, STATE_SELECTABLE

isFocusable: True

hasFocus: True

Python object: <NVDAObjects.Dynamic_TreeViewItemOutlineItemIAccessible object at 0x087B18F0>

location: RectLTWH(left=99, top=214, width=94, height=23)

value: None

appModule: <'appModuleHandler' (appName u'springtoolsuite4', process ID 12988) at address 86eccf0>

appModule.productName: exception: No version information

appModule.productVersion: exception: No version information

TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>

windowHandle: 460672

windowClassName: u'SysTreeView32'

windowControlID: 460672

windowStyle: 1445053093

extendedWindowStyle: 1048576

windowThreadID: 8600

windowText: u''

displayText: u'src/main/java'

IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x7fcc2a0 at 52dc120>

IAccessibleChildID: 17

IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=460672, objectID=-4, childID=17

IAccessible accName: u'src/main/java'

IAccessible accRole: ROLE_SYSTEM_OUTLINEITEM

IAccessible accState: STATE_SYSTEM_SELECTABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_SELECTED, STATE_SYSTEM_EXPANDED, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_VALID (3146246)

IAccessible accDescription: None

IAccessible accValue: u'1'