Topics

audio description

Arlene

Hi list: arlene here: Do any of these screen readers have Audio Discription enabler on each of their settings? These are like Jaws and NVDA?  On the apple computer Audio description is there. You have to enable it. Do the windows computers have that Or do you have to turn it I  at any channel you listen to on the Pc Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jackie

It's done via the Ease of Access Center in Control Panel.

On 10/4/19, Arlene <nedster66@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi list: arlene here: Do any of these screen readers have Audio Discription
enabler on each of their settings? These are like Jaws and NVDA? On the
apple computer Audio description is there. You have to enable it. Do the
windows computers have that Or do you have to turn it I at any channel you
listen to on the Pc Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

ely.r@...

Arlene

I would certainly invite others with more knowledge to comment, but I am quite sure there is not a one setting way to do this so that you would have access to audio description from all resources. I could not find an answer about accessing the range of networks that offer AD. That included searching on the Audio Description Project. By the way, I will put a link to their ADP site at the bottom of this note.

I do subscribe to Netflix which one can view from a PC. The service is not free. However they do offer a great deal of their programming with description. They were the test case to get AD for such sources and their own programing is described. Additionally, any film that has been described for theatrical release wo;; have the AD Description on their platform. The same is the case for films on disk that they still offer even as Red Box is pulling many of their units.

I am also an Amazon Prime subscriber, something I did for the shipping. They too have a great deal of programming that is described and is easily accessed via PC,

Hope this is of some help. The ACB ADP Project is at :

https://acb.org/

Rick

Hi list: arlene here: Do any of these screen readers have Audio Discription enabler on each of their settings? These are like Jaws and NVDA?  On the apple computer Audio description is there. You have to enable it. Do the windows computers have that Or do you have to turn it I  at any channel you listen to on the Pc Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Arlene

‘ve been there: where do I go to turn on audio description?

On 10/4/19, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:

> Hi list: arlene here: Do any of these screen readers have Audio Discription

> enabler on each of their settings? These are like Jaws and NVDA?  On the

> apple computer Audio description is there. You have to enable it. Do the

> windows computers have that Or do you have to turn it I           at any channel you

> listen to on the Pc Thanks!

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jackie

Once in "Ease of Access", click the link that says "Use the computer
without a display". Tab till it says "turn on audio description".

It's done via the Ease of Access Center in Control Panel.

On 10/4/19, Arlene <nedster66@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi list: arlene here: Do any of these screen readers have Audio
Discription
enabler on each of their settings? These are like Jaws and NVDA? On the
apple computer Audio description is there. You have to enable it. Do the
windows computers have that Or do you have to turn it I at any channel
you
listen to on the Pc Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

molly the blind tech lover

Hi ☺
I myself was looking for this setting as well.
Thank you 😊

Once in "Ease of Access", click the link that says "Use the computer without a display". Tab till it says "turn on audio description".

It's done via the Ease of Access Center in Control Panel.

On 10/4/19, Arlene <nedster66@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi list: arlene here: Do any of these screen readers have Audio
Discription enabler on each of their settings? These are like Jaws
and NVDA? On the apple computer Audio description is there. You have
to enable it. Do the
windows computers have that Or do you have to turn it I at any channel
you
listen to on the Pc Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

ely.r@...

Bit confused am I. Thought the audio description feature in Ease of Access would display videos with AD without having to turn them on for every source. This is what the Audio Description setting in IOS accomplishes. In looking at the feature on a Windows web site, what I found referred to Seeing AI and its use with a smart phone. Am I missing something?
What am I missing?
Rick

Once in "Ease of Access", click the link that says "Use the computer without a display". Tab till it says "turn on audio description".

It's done via the Ease of Access Center in Control Panel.

On 10/4/19, Arlene <nedster66@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi list: arlene here: Do any of these screen readers have Audio
Discription enabler on each of their settings? These are like Jaws
and NVDA? On the apple computer Audio description is there. You have
to enable it. Do the
windows computers have that Or do you have to turn it I at any channel
you
listen to on the Pc Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Arlene

Thank YOU! Thank you! Thank you! I went in to ease of access center. I went to where you told me to go. There I found it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Once in "Ease of Access", click the link that says "Use the computer

without a display". Tab till it says "turn on audio description".

On 10/4/19, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:

> ‘ve been there: where do I go to turn on audio description?

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jackie

Well, I told you where it was. I have it set to on in my settings, & I
don't think it's ever done anything useful yet. However, my
responsibility was to answer your question, which I did. I hope it
proves more useful to you than it does to me. GL.

On 10/5/19, Arlene <nedster66@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank YOU! Thank you! Thank you! I went in to ease of access center. I went
to where you told me to go. There I found it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Once in "Ease of Access", click the link that says "Use the computer
without a display". Tab till it says "turn on audio description".

It's done via the Ease of Access Center in Control Panel.

On 10/4/19, Arlene <nedster66@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi list: arlene here: Do any of these screen readers have Audio
Discription
enabler on each of their settings? These are like Jaws and NVDA? On the
apple computer Audio description is there. You have to enable it. Do the
windows computers have that Or do you have to turn it I at any channel
you
listen to on the Pc Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

to:
wp4newbs-request@freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR
by
& check out my sites at www.brighter-vision.com &
www.mysitesbeenhacked.com

Afik Souffir <afik.souffir@...>

Hi,
Where audio description by the computer is usable?
How its effect?

Cordialement,
Afik Souffir