Topics

How do I set up a keyboard short cut to start NVDA?

James Bentley <bentleyj1952@...>

Hi,

Can I do this inside of NVDA or do I do this in Windows?

Thank you,

James B

Damien Garwood <damien@...>

Hi James,
This is done through Windows. The idea is that you set up a shortcut file in the start menu or on the desktop. Then, when you access its properties, you can set up the hotkey that will activate it.
If you need help doing this, email me off list and I'll walk you through the process.
Cheers,
Damien.

On 13/10/2019 01:45 pm, James Bentley wrote:
Hi,
Can I do this inside of NVDA or do I do this in Windows?
Thank you,
James B

James Bentley <bentleyj1952@...>

Hi,

I thought it could also be done inside of NVDA but I don't see it.

It was no big deal to just set it up in Windows.

I like hearing MS David. Looks like NVDA keeps getting better.

Thanks,

James B

This is done through Windows. The idea is that you set up a shortcut
file in the start menu or on the desktop. Then, when you access its
properties, you can set up the hotkey that will activate it.
If you need help doing this, email me off list and I'll walk you through
the process.
Cheers,
Damien.

On 13/10/2019 01:45 pm, James Bentley wrote:
Hi,
Can I do this inside of NVDA or do I do this in Windows?
Thank you,
James B

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

The shortcut is normally defaulted at alt+control+n  You can go into general settings and set it to start with windows. I have never had to create a shortcut for it.

******If we can't look at ourselves, and ask, why?  then where does the learning start?***

Can I do this inside of NVDA or do I do this in Windows?

Thank you,

James B

Chris

you will have to modify the nvda shortcut properties under the general tab you will find a section for shortcut key where you can enter your desired keyboard shortcut sequence

Can I do this inside of NVDA or do I do this in Windows?

Thank you,

James B

Hermann-Josef Kurzen

Hi,

as we are talking about alt+control+n to start NVDA:
I'm using the latest Version of NVDA in connection with Windows 10.
The hotkey alt+control+n is active so I'm told by Windows.
But it doesn't work.
Is it recommended to run NVDA as an administrator to correct this?

Greetings - Hermann

Verwendetes Mailprogramm: vermutlich online im WEB erstellt

The shortcut is normally defaulted at alt+control+n You can go into general settings and set it to start with windows. I have never had to create a shortcut for it.

******If we can't look at ourselves, and ask, why?  then where does the learning start?***

Can I do this inside of NVDA or do I do this in Windows?

Thank you,

James B

molly the blind tech lover

Hi

You  can set control plus alt plus n as the keyboard  shortcut.  I think this can be done by default when you first set up NVDA. It will ask you if you want to create a keyboard shortcut with control plus alt plus n, but you could probably assign a different keystroke.

Can I do this inside of NVDA or do I do this in Windows?

Thank you,

James B

Bianka Brankovic <bianka.brankovic@...>

Hello Hermann,

Verwendetes Mailprogramm: vermutlich online im WEB erstellt

The shortcut is normally defaulted at alt+control+n You can go into general settings and set it to start with windows. I have never had to create a shortcut for it.

******If we can't look at ourselves, and ask, why?Ã,  then where does the learning start?***Ã, Ã, Ã, Ã, Ã,

Can I do this inside of NVDA or do I do this in Windows?
Ã,
Thank you,
Ã,
James B
Ã,
Ã,

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

What is in the shortcut field? If it is blank you can create one. If this is still not working I have one possible solution.