Use Chrome extension?

Aine Kelly Costello

Hi, does anyone know where exactly with the keyboard I can find Chrome extensions, to use them with NVDA? I can add them fine, and I see the menus for managingthem by disabling/removing/changing permissions, but for some reason I can’t work out how to actually launch them? Thank you,

Áine

I am uncertain what you mean by "launch them."   Extensions are active once installed.

In any Chromium-based browser, the Extensions Manager itself can be accessed by ALT,Down Arrow,L,E.   This will open the Extensions Manager browser tab where you can choose to disable or remove any extension you have previously installed.  If there are settings for a given extension these are generally accessed via its button, which is presented sandwiched in the area to the right of the omnibar/address box and to the left of the menu button.  Hitting ALT to throw focus to the menu button and then left arrowing will take you through the extension buttons for the extensions you have installed that present buttons for settings.

If you're looking for new extensions those come from the Chrome Web Store - Extensions Section in the case of Chrome itself and many Chromium-based browsers will also accept extensions sourced there.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

Aine Kelly Costello

Thanks and apologies if I'm missing something obvious ...

As an example, I need to use an extension called Google Webscraper. I've installed it, and I see it with alt and then arrowing left. Presumably, somewhere, there should be some kind of dialogue or window where I manipulate the data of the website I'm using it on. But I can't work out where that is.

does that make sense?

Áine

Typically, down arrowing once focus is on the extension's button is the next step.

The Chrome Store page for that extension notes:
Visit homepage for more tutorials and documentation:
https://www.webscraper.io/

Discuss features, ask questions or submit bugs in forum:
https://forum.webscraper.io/

The primary documentation page, which is extensive, is:  https://webscraper.io/documentation

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide