NVDA 2016.4rc1 released

Quentin Christensen

Hi all,

NVDA 2016.4rc1 has just been released for testing. This is a release
candidate, which means that unless any critical issues are found, this
will be identical to the final 2016.4 release.

See this blog post for what's new and a download link:
http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-4rc1-released/

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...>

Hi Quentin,

I am having a real problem trying to download rc1.  The download link isn’t working.  Thanks for any help.

NVDA 2016.4rc1 has just been released for testing. This is a release
candidate, which means that unless any critical issues are found, this
will be identical to the final 2016.4 release.

See this blog post for what's new and a download link:
http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-4rc1-released/

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Gene

The link works.  How did you try to follow it?  What happened when you tried?

Gene

Sent: Friday, December 02, 2016 2:39 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2016.4rc1 released

Hi Quentin,

I am having a real problem trying to download rc1.  The download link isn’t working.  Thanks for any help.

NVDA 2016.4rc1 has just been released for testing. This is a release
candidate, which means that unless any critical issues are found, this
will be identical to the final 2016.4 release.

See this blog post for what's new and a download link:
http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-4rc1-released/

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Gene

I should add that you may have to move a little above the link, then tab to it to get it to work.  When I just press enter on the link when I arrow to it, it does nothing.  When I tab to it, it works.  I am assuming for this answer that you are viewing mail as html and are pressing enter on the link.  The  sort of experimentation I described above needs to be done when dealing with links that do nothing.  Also, you can copy the link and paste it into the browser's address bar, then press enter.  That's another thing to try when a link does nothing.

Gene

I am having a real problem trying to download rc1.  The download link isn’t working.  Thanks for any help.

NVDA 2016.4rc1 has just been released for testing. This is a release
candidate, which means that unless any critical issues are found, this
will be identical to the final 2016.4 release.

See this blog post for what's new and a download link:
http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-4rc1-released/

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes indeed some email software does do odd things to links. Also I've noticed on the nvaccess site there seems to be an undetected character to the left of a link which is near the edge of a page on the left.
This effect occurs on some sites but not on others, so my guess is that it is the rendering in the browser that does it.
I always tend to cursor right one char just in case.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

hi quentin.
thanks extremely for your great news and excellent changes in this new version!
does this version support windows xp like previous one?
and also the download link does not work for me too!
God bless you and thanks extremely for your great news again!

On 12/2/16, Gary Metzler <gmtravel@bellsouth.net> wrote:
Hi Quentin,

I am having a real problem trying to download rc1. The download link isn’t
working. Thanks for any help.

NVDA 2016.4rc1 has just been released for testing. This is a release
candidate, which means that unless any critical issues are found, this
will be identical to the final 2016.4 release.

See this blog post for what's new and a download link:
http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-4rc1-released/

Regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Quentin Christensen

Hi Nasrin,

Glad you like the new features! To the best of my knowledge, this
version should still work in Windows XP, we haven't changed our policy
on support for XP at least, so if something doesn't work, it's a bug.

Re the download link, I can only suggest what the others have,
otherwise, if you go to the main http://www.nvaccess.org/ page, and
find your way down to the "tweets" heading, the most recent one is the
announcement about the rc1 version and contains a link to the same
page: http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-4rc1-released/

Regards

Quentin.

--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point
Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys:
Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap
Free trial: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitapfree

On 2 December 2016 at 20:45, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Hi,

Thanks for the news! Hopefully the final 2016.4 release should come soon!!

I just tested the link myself, it works just fine; on the download page you do need to put in your email address though, and select whether you want to donate or not, before you can download.

Gene

the page has required an e-mail address for awhile.  This is not specific to this version nor to whether it is the final production release..

Sent: Friday, December 02, 2016 5:30 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the news! Hopefully the final 2016.4 release should come soon!!

I just tested the link myself, it works just fine; on the download page you do need to put in your email address though, and select whether you want to donate or not, before you can download.

Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...>

I finally got the file.

De: Don H
Data: 2 de dezembro de 2016 14:32
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2016.4rc1 released

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 06:32 am, Don H wrote:
I am saying that on some password edit boxes now with RC1 in some cases only stars are voiced when typing and on some all the actual characters are being voiced.

Please provide the specific web pages.  Even if someone who tests doesn't have a real account to log in they can give bogus information in order to try to replicate the issue you're reporting.

    ~ Lauren Bacall

David Moore

Hi all,

I just downloaded the NVDA 2016.4RC1, and it works great! I am so excited that NVDA now works much better to read an email in the mail app, because that is what I am using all of the time. Take care, guys.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, David,

Wow, that's neat NVDA works better with the mail ap now. I downloaded NVDA 2016.4 RC 1 and it does work great.

Rosemarie

On 12/2/2016 2:54 PM, David Moore wrote:

[...]

Thank you so much Quenton for posting this great news. I just found out that NVDA 2016.4rc1 makes the weather app and the store more accessible. Also, the mail app works much better with NvDA. This is so exciting. I will let you know how NVDA now works in many apps.