Glad to see the mobile MS voices in 2016.4 RC 1

Lino Morales

I'm glad to see that the MS mobile voices are now included in NVDA V 2016.4 RC 1. Whooho!

Bobby <bvinton@...>

Hay I don't see the voices at all because I had the add on and uninstalled the add on. Can you please tell me ware they are or should I install a fresh copy of nvda

On 12/2/2016 2:23 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
I'm glad to see that the MS mobile voices are now included in NVDA V 2016.4 RC 1. Whooho!

Lino Morales

Its under the synthesizer menu in NVDA 2016.4 RC1.

On 12/2/2016 2:35 PM, Bobby wrote:
Hay I don't see the voices at all because I had the add on and uninstalled the add on. Can you please tell me ware they are or should I install a fresh copy of nvda

Bobby <bvinton@...>

Well they are not showing up at all. I looked under the simpth menu and I was wondering if I am doing any thing wrong

On 12/2/2016 2:39 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

Wouldn't it makes sense that you install the add-on if you uninstalled it? I don't see the voices. That is because I don't have the add-on in question installed.

On 12/2/2016 2:49 PM, Bobby wrote:
Well they are not showing up at all.  I looked under the simpth menu and I was wondering if I am doing any thing wrong

On 12/2/2016 2:39 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

Hay I don't see the voices at all because I had the add on and uninstalled the add on.  Can you please tell me ware they are or should I install a fresh copy of nvda

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Lino,

I didn't find those voices. The only ones I found were microsoft David and the femail voice. Would I have to install an add-on to get those voices?

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Friday, December 2, 2016 11:39 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Glad to see the mobile MS voices in 2016.4 RC 1

Hay I don't see the voices at all because I had the add on and
uninstalled the add on. Can you please tell me ware they are or
should I install a fresh copy of nvda

I'm glad to see that the MS mobile voices are now included in NVDA V
2016.4 RC 1. Whooho!

Rosemarie Chavarria

I looked in the synthesizer menu and they're not there.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Friday, December 2, 2016 11:23 AM
Subject: [nvda] Glad to see the mobile MS voices in 2016.4 RC 1

I'm glad to see that the MS mobile voices are now included in NVDA V
2016.4 RC 1. Whooho!

Casey <cwollner@...>

Can you use the voice in the last full version of NVDA?
Or only the last bat version?

--
Casey

Hi,
A few things to consider:
* Is it really true that mobile voices are included as part of 2016.4 RC? If so, then why is it that people are not celebrating that?
* If mobile voices are really available, then why is it that NV Access is not telling us possible issues or cautions about these voices?
Before I give you the definitive answer, I'd like to ask that we think about the above questions. I'm doing this for an important reason: do not believe everything you hear unless it is crystal clear.
Cheers,
Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Casey
Sent: Friday, December 2, 2016 2:29 PM

--
Casey

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Joseph,

I didn't think the mobile voices were included in this new version of NVDA because there's nothing about them in either the user guide or the "what's new" page. It's always a good idea to read eithe the user guide or "what's new" before saying that something is included or not.

Rosemarie

On 12/2/2016 2:45 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
A few things to consider:
* Is it really true that mobile voices are included as part of 2016.4 RC? If so, then why is it that people are not celebrating that?
* If mobile voices are really available, then why is it that NV Access is not telling us possible issues or cautions about these voices?
Before I give you the definitive answer, I'd like to ask that we think about the above questions. I'm doing this for an important reason: do not believe everything you hear unless it is crystal clear.
Cheers,
Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Casey
Sent: Friday, December 2, 2016 2:29 PM

--
Casey