Topics

query for a colleague

Quentin Christensen

Hi Joe,

For the first one, there isn't a single keystroke, but you can use a combination of keys to do it:

1. Navigate to the start of the table (Press T for instance)
2. Press NVDA+F9 to select the start of where to mark.
3. Press comma (,) to jump to the first thing past the end of the table
4. Press NVDA+F10 twice quickly to select from where you marked in step to, to here, and copy it to the clipboard.

And for the second one, press NVDA+CONTROL+D to open NVDA's document formatting settings, then TAB to "Cell Coordinates and spacebar to check it (or press alt+o to jump to it and toggle it directly), then press ENTER to apply and close settings.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 5:52 AM Joe Paton <patonplace@...> wrote:
I will pass any help back.
My colleagues request is below.

Hi Everyone

Although I installed NVDA some time ago, I have not used it very much
but have had occasion to do so lately.

Is there an easy  way of selecting a table on a web page? for example,
like F8 in JAWS?

Is there a way to configure NVDA so that it displays the cell reference
in Excel? At the moment I just see "Cell" which is not very helpful.

Thanks

Pele West

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Chris Mullins

Hi
I don't think there is an equivalent of the Jaws F8 to select a table. To get feedback on cell co-ordinates, press NVDA+Ctrl+d to open the Document Formatting settings and check the appropriate box.

Cheers
Chris

Although I installed NVDA some time ago, I have not used it very much but have had occasion to do so lately.

Is there an easy way of selecting a table on a web page? for example, like F8 in JAWS?

Is there a way to configure NVDA so that it displays the cell reference in Excel? At the moment I just see "Cell" which is not very helpful.

Thanks

Pele West

Sarah k Alawami

Actually that navigates to the table. But I'm also wondering how to seelec ta while table like f8 etc.

Take care

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 20 Oct 2019, at 12:31, Monte Single wrote:

TO SELECT A TABLE ON A WEB PAGE, PRESS THE LETTER T.