Topics

personal messages - Keep them OFF the list

David <trailerdavid@...>

Listers,
May I be allowed to raise a polite and friendly reminder?

I have only been subscribed to this list for something like a week, but
have seen more than one message, where people get rather personal, and
sometimes little nice to other members in particular. Undortunately,
this disturbs the validity of the topic being discussed.

Could it be an idea, for those who have anything unsolved with other
listers, that you please rectify that in private, via direct mailing to
the person you aim for? Meaning, could you please, for the benefit of
all, keep posting to the list, ONLY what REALLY is meant for the public
- the general group of listers. And, please, stick to the topic being
discussed.

I just find it disappointing to read your dashing each other. And it
really does take the discussion nowhere.

Please?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'd agree with this, and I'm sure the moderators would as well.
This does generate high traffic and its the subject lines we use to sift what we need to read and what we do not, so when any topic drifts, it needs to be altered in the subject line to make this plain.

Also, and I'm not up innocent on this one, commenting multiple times on different bits of a conversation can prove tedious to read.
My one excuse here is that the feed I'm getting seems to come in batches, so I'm just making up a reply and sending it and as if by magic, a load of mail appears from before the one I've replied to, either making what I said pointless, or making it that I need to do another message.
Not ideal, but I guess it depends on the way the email system you use gets its messages and sends them to your account.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

May I be allowed to raise a polite and friendly reminder?

I have only been subscribed to this list for something like a week, but
have seen more than one message, where people get rather personal, and
sometimes little nice to other members in particular. Undortunately,
this disturbs the validity of the topic being discussed.

Could it be an idea, for those who have anything unsolved with other
listers, that you please rectify that in private, via direct mailing to
the person you aim for? Meaning, could you please, for the benefit of
all, keep posting to the list, ONLY what REALLY is meant for the public
- the general group of listers. And, please, stick to the topic being
discussed.

I just find it disappointing to read your dashing each other. And it
really does take the discussion nowhere.

Please?

Have I missed something, as I don't even know what you're talking about. I've been on the list now for almost a month, and I've not seen anything like what your'e mentioning.

May I be allowed to raise a polite and friendly reminder?

I have only been subscribed to this list for something like a week, but
have seen more than one message, where people get rather personal, and
sometimes little nice to other members in particular. Undortunately,
this disturbs the validity of the topic being discussed.

Could it be an idea, for those who have anything unsolved with other
listers, that you please rectify that in private, via direct mailing to
the person you aim for? Meaning, could you please, for the benefit of
all, keep posting to the list, ONLY what REALLY is meant for the public
- the general group of listers. And, please, stick to the topic being
discussed.

I just find it disappointing to read your dashing each other. And it
really does take the discussion nowhere.

Please?

Gene

No, you haven't missed anything.  Generally the list is peaceful.

Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 1:56 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] personal messages - Keep them OFF the list