From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of nasrin khaksar
Sent: Tuesday, December 6, 2016 4:20 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is any release prior to the latest stable release, and thenext RC release, officially supported? #NVDARelease

hi joseph.
yes, i use windows xp and i heard that .UIA is not supported on xp.
i did not change an important option for accessibility.

hi david.
my windows has problem and i dont know the reason.
but i should say that my windows has not narrator at all!
i tested this and and i am sure that i dont have narrator to test!
moreover, microsoft sam is not understandable for me and i cant recognize what he says and what message does he read!
and also for me, i could not install another screen reader beside nvda, because my system faces hangs, crashes and for me in my system, screen readers are not compatible with each other.
you mentioned that having more than one screen reader does not cause trouble, but for me it causes!

hi gene.
i tested many versions of potplayer and the result of testing all versions, was crash of nvda since version 2015.4 so, its a regression in nvda 2015.4, because in 2015.3 i did not face such problem.
yes. the current stable version of potplayer as you and quentin mentioned, is 1.6.63856 but as i said i tried different versions and could not solve the issue myself.
also, i did not change any settings in potplayer including: skins, visual appearance, and its other settings.
vlc is not accessible for me, not has great quality and needs powerful system.
i tried it and the result was only system resources consumption and crashes of the program for me!
and the only satisfactory program for me is potplayer.
i found this in many month research, many program tested and going to the many websites.
also, thanks so much for your link.
i joined this and repeated my problem.
the problem for me is only crashing of nvda, not potplayer!

hi quentin.
thanks extremely for your kindness.
i dont think that my problem is related to specific version of windows and also specific version of potplayer.
i am sure there is one problem with nvda and potplayer which is regression from nvda 2015.4 and later versions.

On 12/6/16, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi jacob.
thanks so much for helping me.

can you please test many files with potplayer?
eventually for me nvda is not responding and i dont know how to solve
this problem.

On 12/6/16, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi david and quentin.
i use xp and also i do all of my works with it.
i use internet, libreoffice, notepad, potplayer and one conversion
software.
i dont have the security programs because realy i dont trust them!

You're more of an expert on what works under XP than me Brian,
that's great info!

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 8:18 PM, Brian's Mail list account <
bglists@...> wrote:

Well, as far as I am aware, the basic plan is to not break XP if it
is at all possible, but just occasionally this might not be
possible as the windows code changes.
Indeed at the moment xp portable versions of even the next
snapshots are very good. Try running portable copies of nvda on,
say windows 10 and you will find lots of things that no longer work
due to the security of that operating system not allowing access
to parts of windows from a portable app.
the big problem at present for those using XP is the web browser.
Depending on your processor, 50 is the last version I can get to
work on xp with intel processors, and 48 is the last one on xp with
amd processors.
This is due to the lack of sse2 instruction set support on the amd
chips.
Dropbox, no matter what Dropbox say, is working fine again on xp
intel processors at version 15, though they do warn that this
could change as its officially not supported. AMD chips last
working version of Dropbox is 13, and one has to disable updates by
nefarious means to keep it working on such hardware.

The hack to continue to get xp updates is still working for MSSE,
but his month no xp security updates came down. whether this means
they have blocked the loophole or just they have given up I cannot
say.
I notice that Flash for IE8 is seemingly not being updated by
Adobe, but seems to be working in Firefox 50 at the moment.
Adobe reader DC is not usable on XP and 11 is the last version.

I'm sure there are many other issues but that really depends on
what you are doing.
Its gratifying to note that the hacked copy of Outlook express that
works in 10 is still supported by nvda, and its only issue is that
its preview pane has to be turned off or it will fall over
sometimes.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.