Topics

NVDA and Open Office

Don H

How well does NVDA work with Open Office? If it does work with Open Office are there any info as to how to set up Open Office to work well?
Thanks

hi.
openoffice and libreoffice are supported by nvda by default installation.
you dont need to use extra component for using them with nvda and only
SayAall command and tables is not supported according to my
experience.

On 12/6/16, Don H <lmddh50@comcast.net> wrote:
How well does NVDA work with Open Office? If it does work with Open
Office are there any info as to how to set up Open Office to work well?
Thanks

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

It works well even if you do not have Java installed. It is more accessible than Libreoffice but Libreoffice is a better program in every other way.

Jorge Gonçalves <joport3@...>

Hello,

I just got curious from your answer. I am a LibreOffice user.

What does make Open Office more accessible than LibreOffice? What are the main accessibility differences? I am only interested in the Word Processor.

Cheers,
Jorge

Às 14:41 de 06/12/2016, Robert Kingett escreveu:

It works well even if you do not have Java installed. It is more accessible than Libreoffice but Libreoffice is a better program in every other way.

well a lot more of the dialogs are read better and, well, in some cases, are actually read whereas in Libreoffice, the autocorrect options tables and check boxes are not read. OpenOffice does not have any accessibility problems but Libreoffice is a better program by far. If you won't be changing a ton of settings then you can stay with LO.

On 12/6/2016 8:54 AM, Jorge Gonçalves wrote:
Hello,

I just got curious from your answer. I am a LibreOffice user.

What does make Open Office more accessible than LibreOffice? What are the main accessibility differences? I am only interested in the Word Processor.

Cheers,
Jorge

Às 14:41 de 06/12/2016, Robert Kingett escreveu:
It works well even if you do not have Java installed. It is more accessible than Libreoffice but Libreoffice is a better program in every other way.

David <trailerdavid@...>

Well, I pretty much second your question, except from me being totally
depending on being able to use spreadsheets. Will NVDA let me operate
the equivalent to MS Excel, under either OpenOffice or LibriOffice?

David

On 12/6/2016 3:54 PM, Jorge Gonçalves wrote:
Hello,

I just got curious from your answer. I am a LibreOffice user.

What does make Open Office more accessible than LibreOffice? What are
the main accessibility differences? I am only interested in the Word
Processor.

Cheers,
Jorge

Às 14:41 de 06/12/2016, Robert Kingett escreveu:
It works well even if you do not have Java installed. It is more
accessible than Libreoffice but Libreoffice is a better program in
every other way.

.

I find that Microsoft excell is the best but the open office excell is better in terms of accessibility. People are working on LO's accessibility in their excell and it has a long way to go

On 12/6/2016 10:45 AM, David wrote:
[...]

What're the differences in the two?

Chris.