Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 9:42 AM
Subject: [nvda] OT: Muting threads from the web interface?

Hi,

Sorry if this sounds off-topic...

How do I mute a thread on this list from the web interface? I know a link to mute this thread is most likely in my email, but I'm too lazy to open the email, so I want to know if I could mute a thread from the web interface.

Gene,

         There are some of us, in addition to myself, who actually use the web interface almost exclusively.

          The "Mute this Thread" function used to be obvious - it was a button in fact - on the web interface but it's disappeared and has not been moved under the "More" button.  I have an outstanding question regarding this development on the beta group and have corresponded with the original questioner off-list.

          I will, however, post the answer once I have it, as many do interact with Groups.io via the web interface.

    ~ Lauren Bacall

Gene

That may be what was meant about being too lazy to open the message.  If so, I'm sorry about the misunderstanding.  As written, it was ambiguous.

Gene

Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] OT: Muting threads from the web interface?

Gene,

         There are some of us, in addition to myself, who actually use the web interface almost exclusively.

          The "Mute this Thread" function used to be obvious - it was a button in fact - on the web interface but it's disappeared and has not been moved under the "More" button.  I have an outstanding question regarding this development on the beta group and have corresponded with the original questioner off-list.

          I will, however, post the answer once I have it, as many do interact with Groups.io via the web interface.

    ~ Lauren Bacall

Gene,

          That may have come across more curtly than I had intended, too.  Most of us who participate by web never see an e-mail message to open because it would be entirely redundant.  When I'm on the Topic View of the messages page I have a running list of all active topics sorted with the topic with the latest additions show first and work their way down the page from newest to oldest.

           If the no email subscription option is being used, and that's what most web-interface users would have as their setting, there's no message to open as far as e-mail goes.  What's even more interesting is that there is a "Mute this Thread" link at the end of each individual e-mail message and at the end of each message in a digest (at least if HTML formatted - I can't find a plain text digest at the moment).  The corresponding function has vanished from the web interface.  It's also odd that there is no "Follow this Topic" link in the e-mail formats nor on the messages in the web interface.  You can only set up following through a convoluted advanced preferences and even then only for threads you originate or reply to.  There are many occasions where there is a thread of high importance to a user that they just want to follow for that reason even if they never contribute to it.

    ~ Lauren Bacall

Gene

No, your message wasn't too kurt.  But my first response may have been because I didn't realize the person was using the web interface.