Topics

audio ducking?

David Moore

Hello Dean! Nvda definitely has audio ducking! hold down the shift and the caps lock, and press d as in dog. You have three selections to pick from each time you press d. with the shift and nvda key held down, the first time you press d, you will hear audio ducking for other sound output press d again, you will hear always duck, and press the again, and you turn audio ducking off. SO2 lower nvda when music is playing, for example, just hold down the shift and the nvda key, and press until you hear docking for audio output, and you well hear the music lower significantly, and you will hear in video a very loudly. That's it! David Moore

sent from Android toy!

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019, 3:01 PM Dean Martineau <topdot@...> wrote:

This is pretty elementary: I thought NVDA had a feature akin to the JAWS Audio Ducking feature, where audio content sound can be lowered so that synthesizer speech can be heard. I’m not finding the option in 2019.2.  Please enlighten me.

Kevin Cussick

Hi, Nvda shift and d will take you threw the ducking options.

On 25/10/2019 19:44, Dean Martineau wrote:
This is pretty elementary: I thought NVDA had a feature akin to the JAWS Audio Ducking feature, where audio content sound can be lowered so that synthesizer speech can be heard. I’m not finding the option in 2019.2. Please enlighten me.

Chris

Its nvda+ctrl+S

This is pretty elementary: I thought NVDA had a feature akin to the JAWS Audio Ducking feature, where audio content sound can be lowered so that synthesizer speech can be heard. I’m not finding the option in 2019.2.  Please enlighten me.

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

In NVDA preferences, go to speech, and select change synthesizer. You can also press NVDA+shift+d to cycle through the options.

Thanks.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

you, and have a great day!

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

The feature can only be found in the installer version not the portable version.

Gene nz

On 26/10/2019 7:44 AM, Dean Martineau wrote:

This is pretty elementary: I thought NVDA had a feature akin to the JAWS Audio Ducking feature, where audio content sound can be lowered so that synthesizer speech can be heard. I’m not finding the option in 2019.2.  Please enlighten me.

Jesse Wienholts

Hi Dean,

Press nvda shift D to toggle between no ducking, duck while speaking en always duck. I hope this helps.

Op 25-10-2019 om 20:44 schreef Dean Martineau:

This is pretty elementary: I thought NVDA had a feature akin to the JAWS Audio Ducking feature, where audio content sound can be lowered so that synthesizer speech can be heard. I’m not finding the option in 2019.2.  Please enlighten me.

See the Quick Commands Reference (NVDA+N,H,Q) then search on ducking.  You'll find the keyboard shortcut that toggles ducking states.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>