how to nagagate the new start menu on windows 10 1607

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

I just upgraded my windows 10 and I can not getto the left side of the start menu that has the file explorer and power button if I tab I get pins view and left arrow does nothing will this problem be corrected in version of nvda 2016.4? Are there any key board commands fornavagating the start menu/?

Brian Sackrider

On 12/11/2016 10:39 AM, Casey wrote:
Hi I am using NVDA.
Now when I used to use window-eyes and inserted A USB thumb drive and then went under computer and looked threw my drive list.
It would tell me when I got the the drive letter that had the USB drive connected to it.
How much was used on the drive like 98 percent or 75 percent.
And then when I would copy something to it.
It would tell me how much was need for whatever it was for me to put on that drive if it was full.
So can you get NVDA to do this if so how?

Don H

I have Classic Shell installed and can get a start menu that looks more like Windows 7 with a easy option to use the Win 10 start menu if desired.

On 12/11/2016 11:16 AM, brian wrote:
[...]

Louis Maher <ljmaher@...>

Brian,

Windows key + e will give you windows explorer, and windows key + x gives you many interesting options. Arrow up twice for the power button options.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
[...]

Arlene

Oh, okay! so, you are saying windows key and E will get you to windows explorer? Just as it always does? Also, with windows key x is that where you go to find your programs? And you go uninstall them? I know this much you can shut down the computer with windows key x.

[...]

Also, there's another way to shut down your computer. You can do alt f 4 in the desktop. That too will shut it down.

[...]

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

When you push the windows key nvda will land in the search box.

if you arrow up once it will put you in the apps view list.

if you then arrow down the list it will come up with the following. apps
view list recently added. as you arrow down you will hear most used
groupingnumber grouping etc etc as then it will tell you the programs on
your pc.

If you are still in the search box and do the following you will get the
following results. here you tab either once which will give you the
following, then you have to arrow down to them.

navigation menu list, user account for ... places list settings, power.
If you press the enter key on this options will be given and from there
you can restart the pc and so on.

If now instead of going down the navigation list, you tabbed again it
would say apps view list recently added and if you tab again it will say
pins view list and if you tab again it will put you back into the search
box.
You can use the arrow keys to go through those sections.

Also under the apps view list you can press a letter and it will jump
you down to that letter then you have to arrow to what ever it is
starting with that letter.

Gene nz

On 12/12/2016 6:16 AM, brian wrote:
[...]

Arlene,

Windows key + x can give you "programs and Features" where you can uninstall programs.

Windows key + x has many powerful options.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
[...]

Oh okay! it can give you the start menue just as windows 7 does?

[...]

Frankly, I have never used the start menu; therefore I can't answer this question. Windows 10 looks much like Windows 7.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
[...]

I make application shortcuts on my desktop (Windows + M or Windows + d), and use first letter navigation to reach my applications.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838

[...]

Shaun Oliver

ok, I really must point this out, but,,, NAGAGATE?

N, A, V, I, G, A, T, E. I believe is the spelling you're looking for.

On 12/12/2016 05:27, Louis Maher wrote:
[...]

Chris Mullins

Hi Brian
Gene explained the start menu navigation very well. In addition, you can select the folders/features you want to appear on the start menu. Press Windows+i to open the settings dialog, tab to the list of options, arrow across to 'Personalisation' and press enter. Tab to the list of categories, arrow down to 'Start',press enter and then tab into the dialog.

There are various toggle buttons in the dialog, so it's up to you which ones you check. I prefer an uncluttered screen so I have unchecked everything except 'Use Start full screen', which is the important one. Next tab to the link 'Choose which folders appear on Start' and press enter. Check the folders/features you want to see on your start menu, then tab to the Home button and press enter. You return back to the initial settings window, press control f4 to close it.

HTH
Chris

[...]

That's what I heard. A cross between 7 and apple.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

That is what I've always used.
However not on the win 10 machine right now. I do know that last week win 10 did an update that deleted my ribbon menu remover code so I had to reinstal the no ribbon entries again.

Not really tried the start menu much since so I'd need to go and have a look at what they altered.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

Thanks to all of you who have helpt me windows 10 is very useable after you learn the right way to use it.

On 12/11/2016 7:36 PM, Chris Mullins wrote:
[...]

Rosemarie Chavarria

Yes, that's the correct spelling--not navagate.

On 12/11/2016 12:26 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
[...]

Mallard

Oh, but I think "nagagate" is so cute!!! *smile*

Ciao,

Ollie