New Groups.io Group: BlindLife

Hello All.  Again and again we see on the various blind and low-vision technology related groups the desire of members to reach out to each other regarding topics not related to the specific technology that's the focus of those groups.  This has caused friction at times, and has inspired the creation of a new group:  BlindLife.

The group description is as follows:  "A place for discussing technology, daily living tips n' tricks, accessibility, disability law, and pretty much anything else with a focus on relation to those who are blind or vision-impaired. Those who are sighted are welcome, too."

If you wish to have additional information about subscribing, etc., then send an e-mail message to BlindLife+help@groups.io or search the web interface for BlindLife.

This is still the best venue to which to direct your NVDA questions, but now there's a place for much less constrained conversation.

 Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

Are you one of the list admins of this Blindlife group?

[...]

Laz

hopefully it isn't one of Maheen's temporary lists which opens up one
day only to close down shortly thereafter.

On 12/13/16, Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Michael Capelle <mcapelle@...>

totally, no more comment on that idiot, mahene or his multiple personalities.

[...]

Unless Maheen has changed names and writing styles entirely, it's not Maheen.  I had e-mail correspondence with the group owner before he created the group, and fairly lengthy correspondence at that.

 Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

Laz

Not to alarm you but Maheen is known to have done so in the past,
changing his name, email address, writing style, etc. Perhaps if we
knew the name of the list owner it might offer up a clue as to the
validity of the list let alone the validity of the list owner. Not to
mention it might be Maheen's best buddy with the initials of Marvin...

Laz

Laz

--
*Brian*

* Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from * *insufficient
premises.*

* ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902*
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Rosemarie Chavarria

If Maheen is the owner, I have no intention of joining that group. That's all I'll say.

Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Rosemarie Chavarria

It probably is.

[...]

This will be my last offering on this thread and then I hope it will either be deleted in its entirety or have all posts other than my initial one deleted and then promptly locked.

The conjecture on this topic has been most unseemly and is utterly without basis and I had hoped my earlier addition would have stopped it in its tracks.  I have nothing else to say.

 Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

I agree. I'll leave if it winds up being, but no further comments past that point.

Chris.