NVDA And Antivirus Incompatibility

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hi good people:
I've come to realize that the NVDA screenreader our wonderful
software, is not compatible with antivirus software.  I've tried
several antivirus software on my system, and they appear incompatible
with NVDA.  They make browsing extremely slow, and oftentimes, shut
down the screen reader. Sometimes I am taken off the site totally.
I've tried the avast antivirus software, marobite, microsoft essential
and avero.  All are the same.
Is there a solution to this problem? I don't have this experience when
I use the demo version of JAWS for windows.
In order to use NVDA conveniently, I've had to remove the antivirus
software I have on my system, and after browsing, reinstall it, and
this can expose my system to attacks.
Looking forward to reading from you chaps again.
Thanks and cheers.
From Ibrahim in Nigeria.

hi.
i know only clamwin which is accessible with nvda and i did not test
other programs.

On 12/15/16, Ibrahim Ajayi <kobisko@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi good people:
I've come to realize that the NVDA screenreader our wonderful
software, is not compatible with antivirus software.  I've tried
several antivirus software on my system, and they appear incompatible
with NVDA.  They make browsing extremely slow, and oftentimes, shut
down the screen reader. Sometimes I am taken off the site totally.
I've tried the avast antivirus software, marobite, microsoft essential
and avero.  All are the same.
Is there a solution to this problem? I don't have this experience when
I use the demo version of JAWS for windows.
In order to use NVDA conveniently, I've had to remove the antivirus
software I have on my system, and after browsing, reinstall it, and
this can expose my system to attacks.
Looking forward to reading from you chaps again.
Thanks and cheers.
From Ibrahim in Nigeria.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Gene

Clamwin is not a highly rated program.

the problem described of slow performance with one antimalware program after another is not generally experienced by NVDA users.  I don't know what is causing the problem but it is not a general NVDA problem.  Perhaps someone with more technical knowledge will be able to help further.

Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2016 3:46 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA And Antivirus Incompatibility

On 12/15/16, Ibrahim Ajayi <kobisko@...> wrote:
> Hi good people:
> I've come to realize that the NVDA screenreader our wonderful
> software, is not compatible with antivirus software.  I've tried
> several antivirus software on my system, and they appear incompatible
> with NVDA.  They make browsing extremely slow, and oftentimes, shut
> down the screen reader. Sometimes I am taken off the site totally.
> I've tried the avast antivirus software, marobite, microsoft essential
> and avero.  All are the same.
> Is there a solution to this problem? I don't have this experience when
> I use the demo version of JAWS for windows.
> In order to use NVDA conveniently, I've had to remove the antivirus
> software I have on my system, and after browsing, reinstall it, and
> this can expose my system to attacks.
> Looking forward to reading from you chaps again.
> Thanks and cheers.
> From Ibrahim in Nigeria.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

any security program which i tested causeslowness and hangs in using
nvda for me.

[...]

From Ibrahim in Nigeria.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Adriano Barbieri

Hi,
I have Vindows XP but should also run on windows 10.
Have you tried Virit?
http://www.tgsoft.it/tgsoft_home.asp
It is not heavy and I do run spybot, and both are very good.
the link for Spybot search and destroy:
https://www.safer-networking.org/

Cheers
Adriano

[...]

From Ibrahim in Nigeria.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Don H

I wonder if the problem is having two antivirus programs running at the same time.

<mailto:kobisko@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi good people:
I've come to realize that the NVDA screenreader our wonderful
software, is not compatible with antivirus software. I've tried
several antivirus software on my system, and they appear incompatible
with NVDA. They make browsing extremely slow, and oftentimes, shut
down the screen reader. Sometimes I am taken off the site totally.
I've tried the avast antivirus software, marobite, microsoft essential
and avero. All are the same.
Is there a solution to this problem? I don't have this experience when
I use the demo version of JAWS for windows.
In order to use NVDA conveniently, I've had to remove the antivirus
software I have on my system, and after browsing, reinstall it, and
this can expose my system to attacks.
Looking forward to reading from you chaps again.
Thanks and cheers.
From Ibrahim in Nigeria.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Nimer Jaber

I recommend Sophos home, but others have had success with some others. Search the list archives for virus programs, and you will find others and the whole discussion on this topic.

Thanks.

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 7:45 AM Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
I wonder if the problem is having two antivirus programs running at the
same time.

On 12/15/2016 4:01 AM, Gene wrote:
> Clamwin is not a highly rated program.
>
> the problem described of slow performance with one antimalware program
> after another is not generally experienced by NVDA users.  I don't know
> what is causing the problem but it is not a general NVDA problem.
> Perhaps someone with more technical knowledge will be able to help further.
>
> Gene

I use Windows Defender and it is reasonably accessible, but, I, too,
experience silent moments with NVDA and lack of focus which I press
alt+tab to refocus. I experience the same with JAWS, as well. So I
figure it's not an NVDA issue, but something to do with the system.
Nevzat

On 12/15/16, Don H <lmddh50@comcast.net> wrote:
[...]

From Ibrahim in Nigeria.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

virit?
is it freeware or commercial?

On 12/15/16, Nevzat Adil <nevzatadil@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

From Ibrahim in Nigeria.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

Hello, Perhapse some will not appreciate the simantics, but as NVDA is as close to new paradigm as it's possible to come in the windows world, the position should be more that developers of antivirus haven't used standards that comply with accessibility best practices and thus aren't compatible with NVDA. We expect software to be developed accessibly, not for a screen reader to interpret inaccessible asoftware to render it accessible.

Malware bytes took a serious hit on accessibility for a while, but so many blind users adopted it in the glory days, that the volume of complaints really forced them to take some action. It's not perfect, but I'm able to scan and clean using NVDA. It updates itself and I've never had a serious issue after about 2.20 or so.

I missed an entire thread on this and so I'm not sure what issues people were having, but for security, performance, and very basic functionality, MalwareBytes really is top of the line.

Best,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On December 14, 2016 6:46:44 PM "Ibrahim Ajayi" <kobisko@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi good people:
I've come to realize that the NVDA screenreader our wonderful
software, is not compatible with antivirus software.  I've tried
several antivirus software on my system, and they appear incompatible
with NVDA.  They make browsing extremely slow, and oftentimes, shut
down the screen reader. Sometimes I am taken off the site totally.
I've tried the avast antivirus software, marobite, microsoft essential
and avero.  All are the same.
Is there a solution to this problem? I don't have this experience when
I use the demo version of JAWS for windows.
In order to use NVDA conveniently, I've had to remove the antivirus
software I have on my system, and after browsing, reinstall it, and
this can expose my system to attacks.
Looking forward to reading from you chaps again.
Thanks and cheers.
From Ibrahim in Nigeria.

Adriano Barbieri

Yes, there is also the free version, look at the page that I have indicated.
Cheers
Adriano