How to burn a disk in Windows 10

Arnþór Helgason

Maybe this question has already been answared.

When I wanted to burn a cd disk with my cd-burner it doesn't seem to work with Windows 10. What is the most accessible method to create a music cd?

Thanks,

Arnthor Helgason

--
---

Arnþór Helgason,
Vináttusendiherra/Friendship Ambassador
Formaður/chairman
Kínversk-íslenska menningarfélagsins
Icelandic Chinese Cultural Society
Tjarnarbóli 14,
170 Seltjarnarnesi.
Sími | Phone: +354 5611703
Farsími | Mobile: +354 8973766
arnthor.helgason@simnet.is
arnthor.helgason@gmail.com
kim@kim.is

http://kim.is
http://arnthorhelgason.blog.is
http://hljod.blog.is

Albert Ruel

Someone recommended AnyBurn to me and I've used it successfully. I've not been able to burn DAISY books with it though, so they become MP3 books instead.

[...]

Gene

What program did you use?  What happened?  At this point, we don't know if the problem is that the cd drive doesn't have the proper driver and isn't functioning or that you tried to use a program that didn't work or that you used incorrectly.

Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2016 4:41 PM

kim@...

http://kim.is
http://arnthorhelgason.blog.is
http://hljod.blog.is

Shaun Oliver

I was considering being facetious and suggesting that burning a disk was eady. one only need put a cigarette lighter to it and watching it burn.

however, Gene's advice is sound.

insure you have the correct device drivers installed first and that the app you're using is able to interact correctly with your device.

Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2016 4:41 PM

[...]

Well to be honest cd drives are one of those types that don't have external drivers, they do have drivers but windows usually handles them.
The modern devices most of them that need drivers have them in their software or windows have basic ones for them.
In some cases the inteligent devices some ms hardware does this but logitech will do it to at least thats what I know of, will register in windows, then once the basics are round will either contain the basic drivers as part of their bios and then those will upgrade, or will log on to their various websites, dial home and then install themselves into your system.

On 16/12/2016 12:16 p.m., Gene wrote:
What program did you use? What happened? At this point, we don't know if the problem is that the cd drive doesn't have the proper driver and isn't functioning or that you tried to use a program that didn't work or that you used incorrectly.

Maybe this question has already been answared.

When I wanted to burn a cd disk with my cd-burner it doesn't seem to
work with Windows 10. What is the most accessible method to create a
music cd?

Thanks,

Arnthor Helgason

Well I use free cd burner xp which works for burning cds.
I brought goldwave for 40 bucks which was able to extract cds, its about all I use it for since it uses free cddb which is what nero used to use.

On 16/12/2016 11:41 a.m., Arnþór Helgason wrote:
Maybe this question has already been answared.

When I wanted to burn a cd disk with my cd-burner it doesn't seem to
work with Windows 10. What is the most accessible method to create a
music cd?

Thanks,

Arnthor Helgason

Well they are mp3 books, you can't exactly burn the daisy book just like that, but if you create them on the disk drive with all their data structures, then you can just burn them a way that you burn a data disk.

On 16/12/2016 11:55 a.m., Albert Ruel wrote:
[...]

.

Albert Ruel

In Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 I was able to burn CDs without using any third-party applications, however in windows 10 I have not been able to figure out how to do that without third-party applications. If anyone can show me how windows 10 might allow me to do it I will be most pleased to learn the steps.

Thx, Albert

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 15, 2016, at 5:56 PM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:

Well I use free cd burner xp which works for burning cds.
I brought goldwave for 40 bucks which was able to extract cds, its about all I use it for since it uses free cddb which is what nero used to use.

On 16/12/2016 11:41 a.m., Arnþór Helgason wrote:
Maybe this question has already been answared.

When I wanted to burn a cd disk with my cd-burner it doesn't seem to
work with Windows 10. What is the most accessible method to create a
music cd?

Thanks,

Arnthor Helgason

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well I think the old CD burner xp still works, though some of the newer drives to my mind are not as good at making a cd that all players can read. I often find myself back on an old xp machine doing it on there with an older drive.

This is nothing to do with windows 10 just the tendency for drives to be pretty rubbish these days. Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Engin Albayrak <mealbayrak@...>

16 Aralık 2016 03:58:02 GMT+02:00, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> yazdı:

[...]

Yeah, limit your speed to 24 x or if that don't work 16 x you should be able to slow down to 4zzx or 8x if needed.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arnþór Helgason"
<arnthor.helgason@gmail.com>