NVDA and icloud.com

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi,

I am running IOS 10 on the iPhone 5s and Windows 10 on the desktop PC with the latest NVDA release.

I have a few notes on my iPhone which I have saved in icloud.com with the intention of sharing them with my PC where I want to edit them further.

I installed the iCloud app on my desktop and this involved some interaction between the iPhone and the PC in granting permission to access, etc. This process was all accessible to both VoiceOver on the iPhone and NVDA on the PC.

However, when I opened the iCloud app on the desktop, there was no sign of the notes that should have been visible there. I then opened Firefox and called up www.icloud.com to see if I could see the notes in the online web page of my iCloud drive. I was disappointed to find that I could not see any sign of them. I then asked a sighted person to look at the screen and tell me if the notes were there. She confirmed that they were all visible on the screen but I could not get NVDA to see them.

Is there something I can do to see the files in the online page or in the iCloud app using NVDA?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Chris

The only thig I can suggest is to view the files in the icloud drive folder on your pc

The folder should be in your c:\users\yourprofile\icloud drive

And yes the web interface is in accessible

Good luck

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Chris,

I had not realised that there is an iCloud Drive on my PC now. How do I get my notes from the phone into the iCloud drive on my PC?

All the best,

Cearbhall

The only thig I can suggest is to view the files in the icloud drive folder on your pc

The folder should be in your c:\users\yourprofile\icloud drive

And yes the web interface is in accessible

Good luck

Chris

If I cloud drive is enabled on your phone then is should sync without you doing anything

just make sure icloud drive is enabled in the icloud setting on your pc  which can be found in your start menu

And of course in your icloud settings in your phone

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Chris,

Both are enabled but the notes aare not present even though they do show on the web site even though I cannot see them.

All the best,

Cearbhall

If I cloud drive is enabled on your phone then is should sync without you doing anything

just make sure icloud drive is enabled in the icloud setting on your pc  which can be found in your start menu

And of course in your icloud settings in your phone

Chris

As long as the icloud app has been installed on your pc and the check box in the app has been checked and you are logged in it work and the files should be in the icloud drive folder in your user profile