Topics

having trouble running messages to their correct folders in thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

I follow all the correct things for running filters on messages but still some of them end up in wrong folders. Why is this happening?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Gene

I don't think anyone will be able to help by e-mail.  there are times when someone must work with people in person to see exactly what they are doing and correct the person when they see an error.  I don't think it's practical for you to write out every step you follow in creating a rule.  If I'm wrong and you can reasonably do so, then by all means go ahead.  But just saying you follow all the steps isn't enough information.  You are following all the steps as you understand them.  But since you are not getting the desired result, something is not correct.  As I said before, if you want to ask for someone to help you in real time, by phone, Skipe, or in some other way, that's fine, but I don't think you can get effective help with this in another way.

Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2016 1:36 PM
Subject: [nvda] having trouble running messages to their correct folders in thunderbird

Hi, everyone,

I follow all the correct things for running filters on messages but
still some of them end up in wrong folders. Why is this happening?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Gene,

Here are the steps I take to do this.

I first hit altT for tools. Then I hit F for message filters. I then select the filter I want to run on a message. For instance, I'm on a music list called ourplace. If an ourplace message ends up in the NVDA folder, I hit alt T for tools, F for filters and select the ourplace rule. I tab through the different things until I come to "run selected filter on" and choose the ourplace folder and hit enter. Then I tab to the run now button and hit the space bar on it. I wait a few minutes and go out of it with escape. Last but not least, I hitalt T for tools and arrow down to "run filter on message" and hit enter. Sometimes this works and at other times it doesn't. It's possible that there's something I might be missing. I hope this message makes it more clear about what I'm trying to do.

Rosemarie

Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2016 1:36 PM

Hi, everyone,

I follow all the correct things for running filters on messages but
still some of them end up in wrong folders. Why is this happening?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Gene

I don't use Thunderbird.  We'll see what others say.