off topic: using audacity to merge two files

Hello guys. I could use the assistance of any audacity users out there. I have two files that I want to make one file. How, with speech, would I go about doing this? It's something fairly simple, I"m sure.

Felix G.

Hello,
I assume you would like to merge two audio files such that the result plays them simultaneously.
1. Open Audacity. An empty project will be shown without any tracks.
2. Press ctrl+shift+i to import a sound file. Do this repeatedly for every file you would like to merge. Every imported file will appear in the project as a separate track.
3. Save.
4. Export.
Kind regards,
Felix Grützmacher

Governor staten <govsta@...> schrieb am So., 1. Jan. 2017 um 23:01 Uhr:

Hello guys. I could use the assistance of any audacity users out there. I have two files that I want to make one file. How, with speech, would I go about doing this? It's something fairly simple, I"m sure.

That's not what I wanted to do. I wanted to take one file and append, or paste it onto the end of another file.

I did obtain good advice on how to do this from the audacity blind mailing list. I got two responses there, and one of them was simple. It also worked. :)

On 1/2/2017 9:31 AM, Felix G. wrote:
Hello,
I assume you would like to merge two audio files such that the result plays them simultaneously.
1. Open Audacity. An empty project will be shown without any tracks.
2. Press ctrl+shift+i to import a sound file. Do this repeatedly for every file you would like to merge. Every imported file will appear in the project as a separate track.
3. Save.
4. Export.
Kind regards,
Felix Grützmacher

Governor staten <govsta@...> schrieb am So., 1. Jan. 2017 um 23:01 Uhr:

Hello guys. I could use the assistance of any audacity users out there. I have two files that I want to make one file. How, with speech, would I go about doing this? It's something fairly simple, I"m sure.

Roger Stewart

Easiest way to do this is with a little free one called Merge mp3.  It will do just that--let you merge one file onto another either at the beginning or at the end however you like. You can even merge several files in the order you like into one file.  I use it to fix certain albums that would sound weird if I played them as they come as separate files and join them all in order into one file and then it sounds perfect when played this way.

Roger

On 1/2/2017 3:05 PM, Governor staten wrote:

[...]

Peter Chin

Can I use Audacity to break up a big MP3 file into smaller files?

Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 7:04 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] off topic: using audacity to merge two files

[...]

Brian's Mail list account

One of the issues with mp3 is that all are not created the same in either bit rate or some other ways. If you basically paste them or concatenate as we used to do in dos, if the two files are the same then it works, and has no effect on quality, but if they are different the whole lot starts playing at the wrong speed, not at all or makes daft noises.
The only way around it usually and unfortunately means re encoding the files or at least one of them, which lowers quality on mp3 files for obvious reasons.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

That's not what I wanted to do. I wanted to take one file and append, or
paste it onto the end of another file.

I did obtain good advice on how to do this from the audacity blind
mailing list. I got two responses there, and one of them was simple. It
also worked. :)

On 1/2/2017 9:31 AM, Felix G. wrote:
Hello,
I assume you would like to merge two audio files such that the result
plays them simultaneously.
1. Open Audacity. An empty project will be shown without any tracks.
2. Press ctrl+shift+i to import a sound file. Do this repeatedly for
every file you would like to merge. Every imported file will appear in
the project as a separate track.
3. Save.
4. Export.
Kind regards,