Topics

Portable Copy of NVDA with Add-ons

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>

I’m getting a new hard drive for my computer. I’m planning to create a portable copy of NVDA in case the software can’t be transferred to the new drive from the old. I understand that when I do this, all settings are saved but what about add-ons? Do I need to copy those files separately, then install them after installing the portable copy on my new hard drive? Thanks in advance for any answers.

\Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...

Mobeen Iqbal

Hi.

No, when you tick the option to copy user setting that includes all add-ons you have installed.

Cheers,

Mo.

On 30/10/2019 23:15, Abbie Taylor wrote:

I’m getting a new hard drive for my computer. I’m planning to create a portable copy of NVDA in case the software can’t be transferred to the new drive from the old. I understand that when I do this, all settings are saved but what about add-ons? Do I need to copy those files separately, then install them after installing the portable copy on my new hard drive? Thanks in advance for any answers.

\Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...

tek with prathmesh basatwar <Prathmeshbasatwar@...>

Actually when you checked save all configuration checkbox all the addons and configuration will be saved including addon also so you don't need to download or copy them additional thank you

Kevin Cussick

Hi, when You do this there is a check box to have it copy the addons into the portable version.
n 30/10/2019 23:15, Abbie Taylor wrote:

I’m getting a new hard drive for my computer. I’m planning to create a portable copy of NVDA in case the software can’t be transferred to the new drive from the old. I understand that when I do this, all settings are saved but what about add-ons? Do I need to copy those files separately, then install them after installing the portable copy on my new hard drive? Thanks in advance for any answers.
\Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author _https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com_
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@...
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...

Gene

Are the dictionaries copied?  They should be if they aren't.

Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2019 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Portable Copy of NVDA with Add-ons

Hi,   when You do this there is a check box to have it copy the addons
into the portable version.
n 30/10/2019 23:15, Abbie Taylor wrote:
> I’m getting a new hard drive for my computer. I’m planning to create a
> portable copy of NVDA in case the software can’t be transferred to the
> new drive from the old. I understand that when I do this, all settings
> are saved but what about add-ons? Do I need to copy those files
> separately, then install them after installing the portable copy on my
> new hard drive? Thanks in advance for any answers.
>
> \Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author _https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com_
>
> http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
>
> abbietaylor945@...
>

> --
> Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
> http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
> http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
> abbietaylor945@...

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>

Thanks to all who answered my question. I'm relieved I don't have to copy all my add-ons. That's a load off my mind.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...

Kevin Cussick

Hi, yes they are.

On 31/10/2019 23:16, Gene wrote:
Are the dictionaries copied?  They should be if they aren't.
Hi,   when You do this there is a check box to have it copy the addons
into the portable version.
n 30/10/2019 23:15, Abbie Taylor wrote:
> I’m getting a new hard drive for my computer. I’m planning to create a
> portable copy of NVDA in case the software can’t be transferred to the
> new drive from the old. I understand that when I do this, all settings
> are saved but what about add-ons? Do I need to copy those files
> separately, then install them after installing the portable copy on my
> new hard drive? Thanks in advance for any answers.
>
> \Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author _https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com_
>
> http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
>
> abbietaylor945@... <mailto:abbietaylor945@...>
>

> --
> Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
> http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
> http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
> abbietaylor945@... <mailto:abbietaylor945@...>

Gene

I hadn't thought of it before this discussion.  I've been backing them up but the best and easiest thing to do, if you don't back up programs,  if you just back up things like music and documents, is to make a portable version from time to time as a way to back up everything and keep it in a backup location.

Sent: Friday, November 01, 2019 4:30 PM

Hi,   yes they are.