Topics

NVDA and Status Bar in Thunderbird 68.

Gene

There is no status line in Firefox.  There was a long time ago, but it was removed.

From: zahra
Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2019 3:30 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Status Bar in Thunderbird 68.

hi.
for me, even status bar does not work in firefox since version 4.
and i am very glad that thunderbird did not follow this method at
least until version 68.
is there a solution to reenable status bar in firefox later than 3.6?

On 11/2/19, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
> I did maximize the window and that didn't work.
>
> I reinstalled the last functional version I had--which was 60.8X and
> everything works again.
>
> I know there have been some accessibility issues with versions of
> Thunderbird later than 60 but I didn't think it was something as
> fundamental ad the status line.
>

> On 11/2/2019 12:52 AM, Gene wrote:
>> Have you tried maximizing or restoring the program?
>> Gene

By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Sent: Friday, November 01, 2019 11:30 PM

It was checked.

Hi

Under tool bars then status bar menu is it checked? I got it to read out the status bar just then.

I am guessing it has become unchecked.

Using the version of Thunder bird you mentioned.

Gene nz

This is using nvda 2019.2.1 and windows 10 version 1903.

On 2/11/2019 3:38 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I upgraded to Thunderbird 68.231 and now NVDA will not read the status bar.  Is there any work around for this issue?

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Just had a new update and where I thought it was 68 it must of been the versionh before.

It is on 68 of it and yes even though my status bar is checked it does not get reported down on the status area so some ting is broke.

it just says like no information.

But the menu for status bar is still under the menus mentioned before.

Gene nz

Sent: Friday, November 01, 2019 11:30 PM

[...]

I wonder if there still is a status bar.  Thunderbird is far behind the fashion by having one.