Topics

Adobe Reading by Page

kelby carlson

All,

I'm having issues with NVDA and Adober Reader. In some PDF files where
I have to scroll down by page, when I get to the bottom of a page
before I can press ctrl-page down I get cycled back to the top of the
page. This is pretty annoying and I really haven't figured out how to
optimize NVDA with Adobe in general. Would appreciate pointers.

Jeffrey Shockley

Hello,
I’m not sure if this will fix the issue you are having, however, I have had good luck by running the Accessibility Wizard in Adobe Reader, and choosing the “Use recommended settings and skip setup” button. Then, reopen the file or the next time you open a file, when the “Reading Order” dialog comes up, Choose the “Infer reading order from Document” setting. Then, check the box that says something like use same settings I think, and click OK. And I just remembered, the name of the dialog is something about reading untagged documents. I don’t remember what menu the Accessibility Wizard option is located in, sorry about that.
I hope this helps to point you in the right direction.
Thanks,
Jeffrey

On Jan 10, 2017, at 9:27 AM, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...> wrote:

All,

I'm having issues with NVDA and Adober Reader. In some PDF files where
I have to scroll down by page, when I get to the bottom of a page
before I can press ctrl-page down I get cycled back to the top of the
page. This is pretty annoying and I really haven't figured out how to
Optimize NVDA with Adobe in general. Would appreciate pointers.

Walmir Schultz

I have the same problem. Changing the options in the Accessibility Wizard don't solve the issue.

Unfortunately Adobe Reader is the only accessible PDF reader that works wit NVDA.

Em 10/01/2017 12:27, kelby carlson escreveu:

All,

I'm having issues with NVDA and Adober Reader. In some PDF files where
I have to scroll down by page, when I get to the bottom of a page
before I can press ctrl-page down I get cycled back to the top of the
page. This is pretty annoying and I really haven't figured out how to
optimize NVDA with Adobe in general. Would appreciate pointers.

Greg Wocher

Hello,
Adobe Reader is not the only accessible PDF reader. It may be the only accessible free one but there is one that costs $30. It is called QRead and works well with NVDA.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

On Jan 11, 2017, at 5:14 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io <wsautodidata=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:

I have the same problem. Changing the options in the Accessibility Wizard don't solve the issue.

Unfortunately Adobe Reader is the only accessible PDF reader that works wit NVDA.

Em 10/01/2017 12:27, kelby carlson escreveu:
All,

I'm having issues with NVDA and Adober Reader. In some PDF files where
I have to scroll down by page, when I get to the bottom of a page
before I can press ctrl-page down I get cycled back to the top of the
page. This is pretty annoying and I really haven't figured out how to
optimize NVDA with Adobe in general. Would appreciate pointers.

Domingos de Oliveira <domingos20000@...>

You have to activarte in the accessibility options, that the whole
document is tagged at once and not only the actual page. I use the
reader in German, so I can't tell you where to find this option in the
englisch version.

--
Domingos de Oliveira
- Online-Redakteur

Karthäuserstraße 13
53129 Bonn
Telefon: 017632245129
Web: www.oliveira-online.net
www.netz-barrierefrei.de
Mail: domingos20000@...
USt-ID: DE273231108

Kelby,

         What you're describing is probably the interaction between several things you can set using the accessibility wizard in Adobe Reader (regardless of version).  If this is a large file you're dealing with (which, by default, would be 50 pages or more) it could very likely be the problem.

          I would use ALT+E,Y,S to run the accessibility setup wizard.  That key sequence is for Reader DC but I also don't think it has changed in a very long time.  If it is different then open the Edit menu, look for accessibility, and choose the setup wizard from the submenu.

          On the first dialog page, you may wish to activate the radio button to set only the accessibility settings options for screen readesr rather than using the default that walks you through screen reader and magnification accessibility settings.

           On the second dialog page you should leave the "Infer reading order from document (recommended)" radio button selected, and this is the default, or select it if it's been set to one of the other two settings,

            On the third dialog page activate the  "Read the entire document at once" radio button for large files.

            On the fourth, and final dialog page, you may wish to check the checkbox for "Reopen documents to the last viewed page" if you frequently deal with large documents and would rather that they "pick up where you last stopped" when you open them later.  Some people love this feature while others despise it with a burning passion.

 He discloses the workings of a mind to which incoherence lends an illusion of profundity.

         ~ T. De Vere White

Walmir Schultz

Excuse me, I was referring to free PDF readers.