Topics

Returning from Sleep or Hybernation #adminnotice #cal-invite #cal-reminder #addonrelease

Thomas Stivers

All,

I have my laptop set up to sleep when I close the lid while plugged in and hibernate when I close the lid on battery. This is working well as far as NVDA coming back when I return from sleep, but I would like a way to get a spoken announcement when the computer is ready to use after waking up.

Before I start trying to put something together with an add-on for NVDA or an autoHotKey script I'd like to know if anyone else has solved this.

Thank you,

Thomas

Hi,

Yes and maybe:

  • Yes, there is an add-on out there called power notifier (or something similar).
  • Maybe, as the add-on in question is undergoing code review by NV Access at the moment.

Cheers,

Joseph