From: "kelby carlson" <kelbycarlson@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 3:46 PM
Subject: [nvda] Braille n' Speak Synthesizer

Is it possible to use this with NVDA? I used the ad-on but it gave me a hardware error. (I'm not planning on using it regularly, but it's sort of neat for nostalgia's sake.)

Uh, The Braille 'n Speak is a hardware device. Definitely! definitely definitely not Sapi.

Chris.

From: Tyler Spivey <tspivey@pcdesk.net>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:47 pm

Try changing the com port in the .py file.
On 1/17/2017 7:46 AM, kelby carlson wrote:
Is it possible to use this with NVDA? I used the ad-on but it gave me a hardware error. (I'm not planning on using it regularly, but it's sort of neat for nostalgia's sake.)

com=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#13841): https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/13841
View All Messages In Topic (5): https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topic/4202183
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/4202183?uid=152659
New Topic: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/post
com=-=-
NVDA on groups.io

Get NVDA from: http://www.nvaccess.org/
http://www.nvaccess.org/donate
Other links:
Get NVDA add-ons at:
http://addons.nvda-project.org/
NVDA on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8601265515
Get SkypeTalking for NVDA:
http://skypetalking.googlecode.com/
com=-=-
Change Your Subscription: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/editsub?uid=152659
Group Home: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Contact Group Owner: nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io
com=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Tyler Spivey

It will be in one of two places.
%appdata%\nvda\synthDrivers
This is used for the older synth drivers that aren't in addon form.
Or
%appdata%\nvda\addons\addon name\synthDrivers
which is used for the addon. In there you should bind bns.py or something, so open that in notepad.
Somewhere in it should be the com port, maybe at the top. Change the number and save, then restart NVDA.

On 1/17/2017 3:50 PM, kelby carlson wrote:
[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I got the impression from the original post that it might have been emulated by somebody. I know other of the hardware speech devices have been.
Obviously more input from the original poster is needed here.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Uh, The Braille 'n Speak is a hardware device. Definitely! definitely definitely not Sapi.

Chris.

> Is it possible to use this with NVDA? I used the ad-on but it gave me a
> hardware error. (I'm not planning on using it regularly, but it's sort of
> neat for nostalgia's sake.)

Brandon Cross <bcross3286@...>

I don't want to sound condescending or anything, but you do know you need an actual Braille 'n Speak to use that right? It is just a driver, the hardware and the cable are required.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...> wrote:
Uh, The Braille 'n Speak is a hardware device. Definitely! definitely definitely not Sapi.

Chris.

> Is it possible to use this with NVDA? I used the ad-on but it gave me a
> hardware error. (I'm not planning on using it regularly, but it's sort of
> neat for nostalgia's sake.)

Arlene

That’s, What I thought! You need the Braille N speack device; In order to get the voice. I had one when I had windows 95 laptop at college. It quit working once I got my first xp box.I did not like it’s voice once I got used to it. It was okay.  I don’t want it nor its voice. Once it was gone and bit the dust I don’t want its voice for NVDA.  If you want it for nastelgic purposes. Then all the world to you.  I, myself don’t want its voice.