Keep up with NV Access through "In-Process", our new blog

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

NV Access has a new blog called "In-Process".  We will keep you up to date with the week to week happenings from the organisation, staff and of course, NVDA.

The first post of In-Process is online now: http://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Quentin.

I just read the first post that was sent to the list. it is good to see the blog part come back, they used to do it along time ago. I enjoyed reading what was happening. A quick question will the podcast side of it come back? I just looked and the last official one was a year ago with some of the community doing them for others to see what was in each release

if the podcast part is not to come back I will redirect the links from the podcast page to the blog that will be coming out from now on.

That will be on my pages that have nvda tutorials on them.

It will be good so more people know about the blog.

Gene nz

.

Hi everyone,

NV Access has a new blog called "In-Process".  We will keep you up to date with the week to week happenings from the organisation, staff and of course, NVDA.

The first post of In-Process is online now: http://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

hi quentin.
i realy appreciate the link.
i studied it and it was very great.
specially, for me because i realy wish that know whats new in newer
version of nvda prior to its release!
thanks extremely for your great work and God bless you.

On 1/20/17, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
[...]

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306<tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
www.nvaccess.org<http://www.nvaccess.org/>
Twitter: @NVAccess

--
<b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central website for NVDA
tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and other eyesight related topics.

Hello can I get the address to your website?

On 1/20/2017 1:31 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

[...]

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the new blog!  Thanks also Bhavya for sharing the announcement a bit wider too.

Hank, did you want the address for the In-Process blog?  It's here: http://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/

The main NV Access website is unchanged, it's still http://www.nvaccess.org/

Gene, re the podcast, we've talked about reviving that, but started the blog back up again first.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On 1/20/17, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@....nz> wrote:
> Hi Quentin.
>

> I just read the first post that was sent to the list. it is good to see the
> blog part come back, they used to do it along time ago. I enjoyed reading
> what was happening. A quick question will the podcast side of it come back?
> I just looked and the last official one was a year ago with some of the
> community doing them for others to see what was in each release
>

> if the podcast part is not to come back I will redirect the links from the
> podcast page to the blog that will be coming out from now on.
>
> That will be on my pages that have nvda tutorials on them.
>

> It will be good so more people know about the blog.
>

> Gene nz
>

> .
>
> On 20/01/2017 6:31 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> NV Access has a new blog called "In-Process".  We will keep you up to date
> with the week to week happenings from the organisation, staff and of course,
> NVDA.
>
> The first post of In-Process is online now:
> http://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/
>
> Kind regards
>
> Quentin.
>
> --
> Quentin Christensen
> Training Material Developer
> Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available:
> http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>
> Ph +61 7 3149 3306<tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
> www.nvaccess.org<http://www.nvaccess.org/>
> Twitter: @NVAccess
>

> --
> <b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central website for NVDA
> tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and other eyesight related topics.
> http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/ If you would like to keep up to date
> with whats being updated on our website, you can also follow us on facebook
> by visiting
> the following link
> https://en-gb.facebook.com/people/AccessibilityCentral-Net/100009727930216
> Also, check out which New Zealand libraries have the NVDA screen reader
> available by visiting the following link
> http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

hi quentin.
did you message before?
i am very glad for this this great blog and sincerely appreciate you.

wrote:

[...]

The main web address is http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

the main page is in a table then broken up into different sections for nvda tutorials and other blindness related stuff. The tutorials were done with a desk top pc. There is written tutorials as well as audio tutorials up there for the nvda screen reader.
They can also be jumped down quickly with the letter H for heading to the different short tutorials.

If you want to know what has gone up there also under the table in a heading is a section called recently updated and to what pages it was done to.

From now on also when ever something is written up to do with either showing new features in nvda or a tutorial on how to use a program it now wil come to the list so people  can sus them out if they want to.

Gene nz

On 20/01/2017 11:32 PM, The Wolf wrote:
[...]

i also forgot to say in the next day or so i will replace the podcast link with the blog one so it is easier for every one to find.

Hopefully the website can help out in one way or another.

[...]

Waqas Ramzan

Hi Gene,
I explored your site. It's full of amazing information but there is a lot of potencial to improve it. I am the web master of a project known as Blind Help Project (www.blindhelp.net). So I would like to have a discussion with you regarding improving the over all look and feel, adding more functionalities and improving the Search Engine Optimization of your website.
Please tell me your favourite way of communication.

On Jan 21, 2017 11:14 AM, "Gene New Zealand" <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for letting me know that. What I might do then, is leave the link to the podcast page, remove my how to make Libre Office and Open Office accessible page (since both of these are now accessible), and add in a link to the new In Process page to all the NVDA related pages!

Regards,

> [...]

> Training Material Developer
> Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available:
> http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>
> Ph +61 7 3149 3306<tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
> www.nvaccess.org<http://www.nvaccess.org/>
> Twitter: @NVAccess
>

> --
> <b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central website for NVDA
> tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and other eyesight related topics.
> http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/ If you would like to keep up to date
> with whats being updated on our website, you can also follow us on facebook
> by visiting
> the following link
> https://en-gb.facebook.com/people/AccessibilityCentral-Net/100009727930216
> Also, check out which New Zealand libraries have the NVDA screen reader
> available by visiting the following link

Ben J. Bloomgren

Hello, quentin,

I saw a feed called In Process category feed. The RSS address is http://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/feed/

Is this a good feed to use to keep in touch with In Process?

Ben

On 1/26/2017 22:48, Gene New Zealand wrote:

> [...]

> Training Material Developer
> Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available:
> http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>
> Ph +61 7 3149 3306<tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
> www.nvaccess.org<http://www.nvaccess.org/>
> Twitter: @NVAccess
>

> --
> <b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central website for NVDA
> tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and other eyesight related topics.
> http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/ If you would like to keep up to date
> with whats being updated on our website, you can also follow us on facebook
> by visiting
> the following link
> https://en-gb.facebook.com/people/AccessibilityCentral-Net/100009727930216
> Also, check out which New Zealand libraries have the NVDA screen reader
> available by visiting the following link

Hi Ben,

Yes that looks like it should work!  Week 2 and we've already fallen a week behind in it - although we usually have our weekly meeting on a Thursday and the contents for In Process comes out of that meeting.  This week Thursday was a public holiday for Australia Day, but we'll be back next week!

Regards

Quentin.

On 1/20/17, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...z> wrote:
> Hi Quentin.
>

> I just read the first post that was sent to the list. it is good to see the
> blog part come back, they used to do it along time ago. I enjoyed reading
> what was happening. A quick question will the podcast side of it come back?
> I just looked and the last official one was a year ago with some of the
> community doing them for others to see what was in each release
>

> if the podcast part is not to come back I will redirect the links from the
> podcast page to the blog that will be coming out from now on.
>
> That will be on my pages that have nvda tutorials on them.
>

> It will be good so more people know about the blog.
>

> Gene nz
>

> .
>
> On 20/01/2017 6:31 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> NV Access has a new blog called "In-Process".  We will keep you up to date
> with the week to week happenings from the organisation, staff and of course,
> NVDA.
>
> The first post of In-Process is online now:
> http://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/
>
> Kind regards
>
> Quentin.
>
> --
> Quentin Christensen
> Training Material Developer
> Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available:
> http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>
> Ph +61 7 3149 3306<tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
> www.nvaccess.org<http://www.nvaccess.org/>
> Twitter: @NVAccess
>

> --
> <b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central website for NVDA
> tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and other eyesight related topics.
> http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/ If you would like to keep up to date
> with whats being updated on our website, you can also follow us on facebook
> by visiting
> the following link
> https://en-gb.facebook.com/people/AccessibilityCentral-Net/100009727930216
> Also, check out which New Zealand libraries have the NVDA screen reader
> available by visiting the following link
> http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Jim Pipczak

Hi all,

Embarrassingly,  I can’t find the keystroke to give cell coordinates in Excel. I don’t want the content just the cell coordinates.

Many thanks,

Jim.

NV Access has a new blog called "In-Process".  We will keep you up to date with the week to week happenings from the organisation, staff and of course, NVDA.

The first post of In-Process is online now: http://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Hi Jim,

Which version of NVDA do you have? If you are using 2016.4, this may explain why you’re not getting what you are looking for.

Cheers,

Joseph

Embarrassingly,  I can’t find the keystroke to give cell coordinates in Excel. I don’t want the content just the cell coordinates.

Many thanks,

Jim.

NV Access has a new blog called "In-Process".  We will keep you up to date with the week to week happenings from the organisation, staff and of course, NVDA.

The first post of In-Process is online now: http://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Arlene

That’s cause I broke it! Loll! Just kidding!