Topics

NVDA and Angular Event Triggers #nvdasr

svaramin@...

My development team and I have been running into an interesting impediment and we're not sure if this due to browser behavior or NVDA behavior, or if there is some programmatic work around.

We are using angular js to create a table, and the table's rows can be reordered by clicking and dragging them to the appropriate place, which seems to work fine. We were able to get it so a keyboard user can tab to an icon in the table row, press enter, and then use the arrow keys to reorder the table, which also works well. However, when we activate NVDA, we're not able to trigger the events which allows for reordering.

We thought it may have something to do with which event handlers we were using, so we tried ng-click, ng-keyup, ng-keydown, and ng-keypress but none of them of them were successful. We feel that NVDA keyboard commands may be overriding our programmed keyboard commands but we're not sure how to circumvent this.

Has anyone run into any problems like this? If so, how were you able to fix it? Are there any screen reader friendly examples of drag and drop functionalities? I haven't had much luck finding any.

Thank you in advance!

Pranav Lal

Hi,

Hit NVDA key plus f2 to pass key strokes through to the application. That is a first check to see if NVDA is intercepting the keystrokes you are using.

Pranav

Quentin Christensen

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Don't you have to use focus mode for this kind of thing. I've come across this on some media player controls that do not work in browse mode.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-