From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of The Wolf
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2017 10:58 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] dictation bridge help

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find dragon on my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

Hello I am using windows10 64 bit

On 1/21/2017 11:58 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Which version of Windows and are you running a 32-bit Windows version? Let us know so one of us can file an issue.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find dragon on my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

Hi,
Okay, I'll file an issue on your behalf.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find dragon on
my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

Hi,
One more: Can you do the following for me:
1. Open NVDA Python Console (Control+NVDA+Z).
2. Type the following as exactly as shown (press ENTER after each line):
os.environ["programfiles"]
os.environ["programw6432"]
Reply to me with whatever you get from these commands. Perhaps Dragon was installed somewhere other than default program files path.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find dragon on
my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

how do I copy the contents of the consel?

On 1/21/2017 12:07 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
One more: Can you do the following for me:
1. Open NVDA Python Console (Control+NVDA+Z).
2. Type the following as exactly as shown (press ENTER after each line):
os.environ["programfiles"]
os.environ["programw6432"]
Reply to me with whatever you get from these commands. Perhaps Dragon was installed somewhere other than default program files path.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find dragon on
my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

Hi,
To copy console output, after you type commands, press F6, then copy what you see in the edit field.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find dragon
on my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

not sure if this is what you were after

os.environ["programfiles"]
'C:\\Program Files (x86)'
os.environ["programw6432"]
'C:\\Program Files'

On 1/21/2017 1:31 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
To copy console output, after you type commands, press F6, then copy what you see in the edit field.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find dragon
on my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

Hi,
Yep, this suggests Dragon might have been installed somewhere other than paths assumed by the add-on.
Cheers,
Joseph

To copy console output, after you type commands, press F6, then copy what you see in the edit field.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find dragon
on my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

interesting

because I just installed it to the default directory

it should be seeing it.
any ideas on what t try next?

On 1/21/2017 1:53 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Yep, this suggests Dragon might have been installed somewhere other than paths assumed by the add-on.
Cheers,
Joseph

To copy console output, after you type commands, press F6, then copy what you see in the edit field.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find dragon
on my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

Hi,
Nothing else comes to my mind tat the moment as I don't use Dragon to test this add-on (I use WSR).
Cheers,
Joseph

To copy console output, after you type commands, press F6, then copy what you see in the edit field.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find dragon
on my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

can you do the same things with wsr that you can do with dragon?

On 1/21/2017 1:57 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Nothing else comes to my mind tat the moment as I don't use Dragon to test this add-on (I use WSR).
Cheers,
Joseph

To copy console output, after you type commands, press F6, then copy what you see in the edit field.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find dragon
on my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

Hi,
Not all features are there, including controlling NVDA via speech (that's for Dragon for now).
Cheers,
Joseph

To copy console output, after you type commands, press F6, then copy what you see in the edit field.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find
dragon on my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

can u tell me what features wsr can do?

On 1/21/2017 2:07 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Not all features are there, including controlling NVDA via speech (that's for Dragon for now).
Cheers,
Joseph

To copy console output, after you type commands, press F6, then copy what you see in the edit field.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find
dragon on my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

Hi,
At least NVDA will echo back what you said.
Cheers,
Joseph

Not all features are there, including controlling NVDA via speech (that's for Dragon for now).
Cheers,
Joseph

To copy console output, after you type commands, press F6, then copy what you see in the edit field.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find
dragon on my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

Hello

so until this problem is fixed am I not able to use dragon with dictation bridge?

I mean there isn't some sort of temperary work around that I can use?
thanks
Hank

On 1/21/2017 3:35 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
At least NVDA will echo back what you said.
Cheers,
Joseph

Not all features are there, including controlling NVDA via speech (that's for Dragon for now).
Cheers,
Joseph

To copy console output, after you type commands, press F6, then copy what you see in the edit field.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find
dragon on my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

Hi,
I don't know about these at the moment. Sorry.
Cheers,
Joseph

Not all features are there, including controlling NVDA via speech (that's for Dragon for now).
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find
dragon on my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

Pranav Lal

You can use Dragon with dictationBridge but you will not be able to control NVDA from Dragon.

Not all features are there, including controlling NVDA via speech (that's for Dragon for now).
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find
dragon on my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

Pranav Lal

Hi Hank and Joseph

Joseph, many thanks for chiming in and reporting issues.

Hank, you can manually import commands via the Dragon command browser. Please see the release notes.
Grab the commands XML file from my dropbox at
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3688386/dictationBridgeCommands.xml

Pranav

Not all features are there, including controlling NVDA via speech (that's for Dragon for now).
Cheers,
Joseph

To copy console output, after you type commands, press F6, then copy what you see in the edit field.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hello I have dragon 13 installed and working

when I try to import the commands it says that it can't find
dragon on my system]

is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Hank

Hello it is not letting me download the xml file