espeak

Scott VanDeWalle

Hi all.

I am curious to know if this is a  bug.

I hope so, it is frustrating.

I’m using esEpak ng with nvda and windows 10.

I’m also using an asus laptop.

When I start reading in any way, usually, the first part of the letter will be uninteligable to me, and sometime even the whole word.

For example, when I press home to go to the top of this message to proof read it, instead of hi I heard i.

I checked audio ducking and it is totally turned off.

As you can imagine, this is also very frustrating when typing too even with key echo turned on.

Could someone look into it?

If so, thank you so so very much.

Have a nice day.

Scott

Wagner Soares Da Silva

I'm having this bug but it's with version 1.49.1 of Espeak NG that was
Released yesterday, version for Windows.

Grande Abraço, Wagner.

P. S.: VOCÊ ESTÁ RECEBENDO UM E-MAIL DE UMA PESSOA CEGA.
ISTO É INCLUSÃO DIGITAL!
QUANDO ENVIAR UM ARQUIVO GRÁFICO, (POR EXEMPLO, UMA FOTO), DESCREVA-A NO CORPO DA MENSAGEM.
UMA SOCIEDADE INCLUSIVA É AQUELA QUE RECONHECE, RESPEITA E VALORIZA A DIVERSIDADE HUMANA.

"Deixe tudo que tiver que fazer para amanhã. Talvez você não precise mais". Autor desconhecido.
.

I'm using esEpak ng with nvda and windows 10.
I'm also using an asus laptop.
When I start reading in any way, usually, the first part of the letter will be uninteligable to me, and sometime even the whole word.
For example, when I press home to go to the top of this message to proof read it, instead of hi I heard i.
I checked audio ducking and it is totally turned off.
As you can imagine, this is also very frustrating when typing too even with key echo turned on.
Could someone look into it?
If so, thank you so so very much.

Have a nice day.

Scott

hi.
does realy espeak ng 1.49 exists?
i heard of it, but i could not find it and i use the eespeak ng which
is bundled with nvda which is 1.48.15 until now.
is it realy possible to download espeak sapi5 version of espeak ng now?
if so, when can i download it to test?
is it stable or not?
does it contain all the voices in espeak ng?

On 1/22/17, "* Wagner Soares Da Silva * <wagner.ss123@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

I have the same, but only with asus.

Wagner Soares Da Silva

Hello, I received the content below the Espeak NG list.

Hi all,

I have released eSpeak NG 1.49.1, which is available at https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/releases/tag/1.49.1.

What's New:

* Vim syntax support for rule files.
* Replace ieee80.c with the implementation at http://www.realitypixels.com/turk/opensource/ToFromIEEE.c.txt ( http://www.realitypixels.com/turk/opensource/ToFromIEEE.c.txt ) for Debian open source license

compliance.
* Documentation updates.
* Emscripten support.
* Merged the Android port into the main espeak-ng codebase.
* Extend --compile-phoneme to support specifying the source directory for phoneme files.
* Support using any directory as the data home, not just espeak-ng-data .
* Don't install the default voice: use en as the default voice.

*NOTE:* The merger of the Android code is currently experimental. It is
missing support for recognising Unicode characters.

bug fixes:

* Fix .Lnn rule groups to allow groups above 62.
* Fix reporting the eSpeak NG version in the --version string and Windows installer.
* Fix a crash when calling LoadDictionary when using clang.
* Threading fixes and Mac OSX portability for the fifo and event code.
* Fixes for running the spect code on big-endian architectures.
* Fix determining the voice directory when installing the 32-bit Windows binaries on a 64-bit Windows system.
* Fix a regression with the saved parameter logic.
* Reduce the default buffer length to 60mS to improve latency.
* Don't override buffer length when using espeak-ng for audio.
* Fix detecting doubled consonants when using Unicode characters.
* Fix speaking 1,,2 , etc. in languages that use , as a decimal separator.

updated languages:

* af (Afrikaans) -- Christo de Klerk
* en (English) -- Valdis Vitolins
* fa (Farsi/Persian) -- Shadyar Khodayari
* it (Italian) -- chrislm
* ky (Krygyz) -- JRMeyer
* lv (Latvian) -- Valdis Vitolins
* tr (Turkish) -- Valdis Vitolins

new languages:

* ar (Arabic) -- Taha Zerrouki
* jp (Japanese) -- Reece Dunn (NOTE: Hiragana and Karakana only.)

Kind regards,
Reece

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I found a Dell that not only chopped the front off but the end as well some time ago. sounds to me like the sound driver is a bit odd. What does it do with normal sounds?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I’m using esEpak ng with nvda and windows 10.
I’m also using an asus laptop.
When I start reading in any way, usually, the first part of the letter will be uninteligable to me, and sometime even the whole word.
For example, when I press home to go to the top of this message to proof read it, instead of hi I heard i.
I checked audio ducking and it is totally turned off.
As you can imagine, this is also very frustrating when typing too even with key echo turned on.
Could someone look into it?
If so, thank you so so very much.

Have a nice day.

Scott

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Do other synths work OK?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I'm using esEpak ng with nvda and windows 10.
I'm also using an asus laptop.
When I start reading in any way, usually, the first part of the letter will be uninteligable to me, and sometime even the whole word.
For example, when I press home to go to the top of this message to proof read it, instead of hi I heard i.
I checked audio ducking and it is totally turned off.
As you can imagine, this is also very frustrating when typing too even with key echo turned on.
Could someone look into it?
If so, thank you so so very much.

Have a nice day.

Scott

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

The improve latency might be the answer here for some sound drivers perhaps?
[...]

when is the time for releaseing of version 1.49 for sapi5 version of windows?
its become extremely great if its supports different kind of documents
for converting them into audio and also specially saving them as mp3
beside wave!

On 1/22/17, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
[...]

and also whats the advantages and usage of espeak ng?
if i download it, where can i use it and how?

On 1/22/17, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

i downloaded the x86 version and installed it.
when i try to open it, nvda says its not a valid windows 32 bit.
whats the problem?
i realy appreciate if someone guide me with the questions which i asked.

[...]

It also did not work here on a W7 Ultimate 32 BIT.
I've reported the problem to Reece, developer of Espeak NG.
Who wants to contribute with Espeak NG, just read the note below for
Access the Espeak NG list.

*

Dear ESpeak-NG users, developers, and other beneficiaries,
At the outset, let me sincerely thank Reece for appointing me as a
moderator of this Groups.io based next generation mailing list for
official discussion regarding the ESpeak-NG speech synthesizer. Also,
I would like to express my gratitude towards everyone who joint the
e-mail list via invites sent out on different forums, direct invites,
word-of-mail (not mouth :D) and also for those who have begun
contributing by spreading the word about this project and its
community, and by participating in it.
Following are some fundamental statistics that highlight the current
status of this group:
Member Count: 11
Group Owner: Reece H. Dunn
Group Moderator: Bhavya Shah (Me)
Integrations: Github (https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng)

Also, following are integral e-mail addresses to perform various
activities on the group:
To Post: espeak-ng@groups.io
To Contact The Group Owner: espeak-ng+owner@groups.io

At the moment, we have no special hashtags in use (apart from Github),
no dedicated subgroups (due to lack of their requirement) and no Wiki
material (due to their inexistence). However, our vision for this
group must extend beyond not only encompassing this in ESpeak-NG's
next generation e-group, but also having a prolific and proactive
community of users and developers in constant communication and
interaction via this list. ESpeak-NG powers the speech synthesis of
two popular screen readers by default - NVDA for Windows and Orca for
Linux - which in turn fuel computer access for tens of thousands of
visually impaired individuals across the globe. Let us recognize the
significance of this open source project, and accordingly strive to
mobilize its users, developers and other beneficiaries as part of this
e-mail platform.
Please do spread the word about this mailing list and ask your fellow
ESpeak users to join the list by sending a blank mail to
espeak-ng+subscribe@groups.io And send a blank reply to the
confirmation prompt subsequently received.
In conclusion, I hope to dutifully serve as a moderator of this
mailing list in a just manner, and I shall try to the best of my
abilities to assist Reece in ensuring smooth functioning of this
e-group, in constant anticipation of your continued collaboration.

Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah

P.S. Due to Groups.io policies, the first post of every group member
will require approval from a group administrator. All messages from
that e-mail will be delivered directly thereafter.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Avid Enthusiast and User of the Free NVDA Screen Reader (www.nvaccess.org)