Two Excel Questions

Greg Rhodes <gkrhodes@...>

Question 1: If a sighted user wants to format all the cells in column C, he would click on the letter C at the top of the column to highlight all the cells in that column. How do you do that with NVDA?
Question 2: What is the NVDA command to get to the worksheet listing at the bottom of the page? Once you get there, I know that you use the Control/Page Up or Down to move between worksheets you have created.
Thanks.

Chris Mullins

Hi Greg

1. There is no specific NVDA command I am aware of but the Excel command to select a column is Ctrl+spacebar from anywhere in the target column and to select an entire row it’s shift+spacebar, again from anywhere in the row.
  2. There is probably a way to see all the sheet names but I just use Ctrl+pageup/down to read them, so I don’t know the specific command.

Cheers

Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Greg Rhodes
Sent: 22 January 2017 17:33
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Two Excel Questions

Question 1: If a sighted user wants to format all the cells in column C, he would click on the letter C at the top of the column to highlight all the cells in that column. How do you do that with NVDA?

Question 2: What is the NVDA command to get to the worksheet listing at the bottom of the page? Once you get there, I know that you use the Control/Page Up or Down to move between worksheets you have created.

Thanks.

Rui Fontes

Insert+F7.

Rui

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Chris Mullins
Data: 22 de janeiro de 2017 19:19
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] Two Excel Questions

Hi Greg

There is no specific NVDA command I am aware of but the Excel command to select a column is Ctrl+spacebar from anywhere in the target column and to select an entire row it’s shift+spacebar, again from anywhere in the row.
There is probably a way to see all the sheet names but I just use Ctrl+pageup/down to read them, so I don’t know the specific command.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks.

Greg Rhodes <gkrhodes@...>

Excellent. Thank you very much.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 22, 2017, at 6:11 PM, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com> wrote:

Insert+F7.

Rui

-----Mensagem Original----- De: Chris Mullins

Hi Greg

There is no specific NVDA command I am aware of but the Excel command to select a column is Ctrl+spacebar from anywhere in the target column and to select an entire row it’s shift+spacebar, again from anywhere in the row.
There is probably a way to see all the sheet names but I just use Ctrl+pageup/down to read them, so I don’t know the specific command.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks.

Chris Mullins

Hi Rui
Thanks for this.

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rui Fontes
Sent: 23 January 2017 00:11
Subject: Re: [nvda] Two Excel Questions

Insert+F7.

Rui

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Chris Mullins

Hi Greg

There is no specific NVDA command I am aware of but the Excel command to
select a column is Ctrl+spacebar from anywhere in the target column and to
select an entire row it’s shift+spacebar, again from anywhere in the row.
There is probably a way to see all the sheet names but I just use
Ctrl+pageup/down to read them, so I don’t know the specific command.

Cheers

Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Greg
Rhodes

Question 1: If a sighted user wants to format all the cells in column C, he
would click on the letter C at the top of the column to highlight all the
cells in that column. How do you do that with NVDA?

Question 2: What is the NVDA command to get to the worksheet listing at the
bottom of the page? Once you get there, I know that you use the Control/Page
Up or Down to move between worksheets you have created.

Thanks.