Topics

Firefox memory loss syndrome

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Why is it that Firefox seems to sometimes say it cannot find a page but on doing a refresh it can. Now sighted people say they do not see this at all, yet it happens all the time to me and I was wondering if nvda was making it miss the page address or something. Its normally when launched by another piece of software.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Antony Stone

What's the exact message Firefox shows you when it says it can't find a page?

There's often some useful technical detail in those messages to suggest
whether it's a problem with the browser, the DNS lookup, the network
connection, or the remote server.

Somewhat ironically, I find there are increasing problems with "cannot load
page" these days, since Content Delivery Networks (lots of computers all doing
the same job, to cater for the enormous number of requests they're supposed to
be getting) have become more commonplace.

Also, when you say "sighted people say they do not see this at all", do you
mean:

- they don't see this problem on their computer, nothing to do with yours

- they don't see the error message on your computer, when you can

- they don't see a problem (they se the page) on your computer, when you see
the error message

Different behaviour between two computers both trying to do the same thing
(even at the same time) often doesn't help to identify what the problem is
with one of them.

Regards,

Antony.

On Tuesday 24 January 2017 at 20:34:33, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

Why is it that Firefox seems to sometimes say it cannot find a page but on
doing a refresh it can. Now sighted people say they do not see this at all,
yet it happens all the time to me and I was wondering if nvda was making it
miss the page address or something. Its normally when launched by another
piece of software.
If you were ploughing a field, which would you rather use - two strong oxen or
1024 chickens?

- Seymour Cray, pioneer of supercomputing

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Pascal Lambert

Hi Brian,
I am encountering the same thing. Also, NVDA says "item not found" when the
PC reaches the desktop and I have to hit "m-window-key" to restore the
desktop. I am also losing the voice for while when I move the cursors
faster to skim through the page or the file explorer for that matter. I
don't know if it is NVDA or Win10 problem. The fact of the matter is NVDA
and Win10 combo is not as stable as it used to be with Windows 7.
Your thoughts please.
On another topic, I have a laptop for which I cannot remember the password
and I failed to make a rescue disk. Any help is greatly appreciated. It is
an Acer laptop with Win10.
Blessings.
Pascal

Why is it that Firefox seems to sometimes say it cannot find a page but on
doing a refresh it can. Now sighted people say they do not see this at all,
yet it happens all the time to me and I was wondering if nvda was making it
miss the page address or something. Its normally when launched by another
piece of software.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

hi pascal
i am sure that there are programs for recovery passwords in the
internet, but i did not try them to know there accessibility and
efficiency.
thanks and God bless you.

On 1/25/17, Pascal Lambert <rambeau68@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

hi brian.
i am sure that this problem because of nvda and nvda has not role
about openning pages.
sometimes maybe because of heavy trafic on some pages you cant open it.
and sometimes maybe the server is not available temporaryly.
God bless you and i wish that help all.

On 1/25/17, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Yes its as though it gets behind somehow. You wait and after sometimes a minute or so, it catches up and then is OK for a bit. I was wondering if it might be the file indexing that is taking the time or is it doing anti virus or updates in the background and not saying anything about the extra load. It would be nice to have a background task to monitor the resource usage over a session and then be able to look at it later etc. I know one can do this graphically but that is not a lot of use to us. I feel its a windows 10 issue.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Why is it that Firefox seems to sometimes say it cannot find a page but on
doing a refresh it can. Now sighted people say they do not see this at all,
yet it happens all the time to me and I was wondering if nvda was making it
miss the page address or something. Its normally when launched by another
piece of software.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

No its not that. It is I think that the address does not get sent either to the outward stream or gets mangled. I think its the former since its often possible to refresh it, but not always.
Also I've seen parts of pages missing and the rest be normal but this might be the ad blocker malfunctioning in some way and blocking content.