when on a web page nvda doesn't select a link

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Hi I do insert f7 press activate link and nvda doesn’t click on the link what am I missing?

Dejan Ristic

I sometimes happen to encounter it, so I would usually repeat an action so that it does not fail for the second time. If it is not working for you, I activate the focus mode, then I tab to the desired link, and then I press enter, so that I activate the link. If it is to no avail, I play with different browsers. I also make sure whether a web page is maximized, so that NVDA is successful in communicating with it.

On 1/25/2017 9:29 AM, Dennis L wrote:

Hi I do insert f7 press activate link and nvda doesn’t click on the link what am I missing?

hi.
i use only mozilla firefox.
when i press insert+f7 i see the list of links.
use only up or down arrow key to find my desire or i press the first
letter of it.
then, press enter to activate it.
this method always works for me without problem.
God bless you and i hope that my comment helps you.

On 1/25/17, Dejan Ristic <r.dejan83@gmail.com> wrote:
I sometimes happen to encounter it, so I would usually repeat an action
so that it does not fail for the second time. If it is not working for
you, I activate the focus mode, then I tab to the desired link, and then
I press enter, so that I activate the link. If it is to no avail, I play
with different browsers. I also make sure whether a web page is
maximized, so that NVDA is successful in communicating with it.

On 1/25/2017 9:29 AM, Dennis L wrote:

Hi I do insert f7 press activate link and nvda doesn’t click on the
link what am I missing?

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

Try the following if not done already

When the browser is open use the NVDA key + letter V

Make sure you are in the webpage first.

you should hear nvda say use screen layout on, if it is on turn it off with that same key combo.

That same setting can be done through the browse mode settings with the same name make sure it is unchecked.

This will put both the line and link on the same line where the other when on will have the text on one line and the link on another. Usually in that case you have to tab to the link.

any how give that a whirl. any how when i do also bring up the elements list with nvda key + f7, i usually press the letter for the link i want until i get to it then simpley press the enter link and i am there.

Gene nz

On 25/01/2017 11:08 PM, Dejan Ristic wrote:

I sometimes happen to encounter it, so I would usually repeat an action so that it does not fail for the second time. If it is not working for you, I activate the focus mode, then I tab to the desired link, and then I press enter, so that I activate the link. If it is to no avail, I play with different browsers. I also make sure whether a web page is maximized, so that NVDA is successful in communicating with it.

On 1/25/2017 9:29 AM, Dennis L wrote:

Hi I do insert f7 press activate link and nvda doesn’t click on the link what am I missing?

hi again.
about using screen layout, you can deactivate it forever in
preferences and brows mode.
uncheck use screen layout when supported.

--
<b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central website for NVDA
tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and other eyesight related topics.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Gene

However you turn it off, it will remain off if you save the settings or use the default setting of having NVDA save the settings on exit.  All settings changes done through NVDA short cut commands can be made permanent in the same way as when made in the menus and dialogs.  It's the same change however it's made.  Saving the settings will make it permanent in either case.

Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] when on a web page nvda doesn't select a link

On 1/25/17, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
> Hi
>

> Try the following if not done already
>

> When the browser is open use the NVDA key + letter V
>
> Make sure you are in the webpage first.
>

> you should hear nvda say use screen layout on, if it is on turn it off with
> that same key combo.
>

> That same setting can be done through the browse mode settings with the same
> name make sure it is unchecked.
>
> This will put both the line and link on the same line where the other when
> on will have the text on one line and the link on another. Usually in that
> case you have to tab to the link.
>

> any how give that a whirl. any how when i do also bring up the elements list
> with nvda key + f7, i usually press the letter for the link i want until i
> get to it then simpley press the enter link and i am there.
>
> Gene nz
>
> On 25/01/2017 11:08 PM, Dejan Ristic wrote:
>
> I sometimes happen to encounter it, so I would usually repeat an action so
> that it does not fail for the second time. If it is not working for you, I
> activate the focus mode, then I tab to the desired link, and then I press
> enter, so that I activate the link. If it is to no avail, I play with
> different browsers. I also make sure whether a web page is maximized, so
> that NVDA is successful in communicating with it.
>
> On 1/25/2017 9:29 AM, Dennis L wrote:
> Hi I do insert f7 press activate link and nvda doesn’t click on the link
> what am I missing?
>

> --
> <b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central website for NVDA
> tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and other eyesight related topics.
> http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/ If you would like to keep up to date
> with whats being updated on our website, you can also follow us on facebook
> by visiting
> the following link
> https://en-gb.facebook.com/people/AccessibilityCentral-Net/100009727930216
> Also, check out which New Zealand libraries have the NVDA screen reader
> available by visiting the following link
> http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

I should note this issue occurs only with Internet explorer 11 and I tested with the exact search engine in Firefox the same search and NVDA behaved as I expected.  I landed on the link hit enter it opened.  This wasn’t the case when using Internet Explorer.  Again the search engine and search were the exact same.

Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:57 PM

hi again.
about using screen layout, you can deactivate it forever in
preferences and brows mode.
uncheck use screen layout when supported.

On 1/25/17, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
> Hi
>

> Try the following if not done already
>

> When the browser is open use the NVDA key + letter V
>
> Make sure you are in the webpage first.
>

> you should hear nvda say use screen layout on, if it is on turn it off with
> that same key combo.
>

> That same setting can be done through the browse mode settings with the same
> name make sure it is unchecked.
>
> This will put both the line and link on the same line where the other when
> on will have the text on one line and the link on another. Usually in that
> case you have to tab to the link.
>

> any how give that a whirl. any how when i do also bring up the elements list
> with nvda key + f7, i usually press the letter for the link i want until i
> get to it then simpley press the enter link and i am there.
>
> Gene nz
>
> On 25/01/2017 11:08 PM, Dejan Ristic wrote:
>
> I sometimes happen to encounter it, so I would usually repeat an action so
> that it does not fail for the second time. If it is not working for you, I
> activate the focus mode, then I tab to the desired link, and then I press
> enter, so that I activate the link. If it is to no avail, I play with
> different browsers. I also make sure whether a web page is maximized, so
> that NVDA is successful in communicating with it.
>
> On 1/25/2017 9:29 AM, Dennis L wrote:
> Hi I do insert f7 press activate link and nvda doesn’t click on the link
> what am I missing?
>

> --
> <b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central website for NVDA
> tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and other eyesight related topics.
> http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/ If you would like to keep up to date
> with whats being updated on our website, you can also follow us on facebook
> by visiting
> the following link
> https://en-gb.facebook.com/people/AccessibilityCentral-Net/100009727930216
> Also, check out which New Zealand libraries have the NVDA screen reader
> available by visiting the following link
> http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Sometimes firefox completely losessome datafromweb pages, such as when you use the file hippo update checker.
A refresh or 2 or three usually fixes it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I sometimes happen to encounter it, so I would usually repeat an action
so that it does not fail for the second time. If it is not working for
you, I activate the focus mode, then I tab to the desired link, and then
I press enter, so that I activate the link. If it is to no avail, I play
with different browsers. I also make sure whether a web page is
maximized, so that NVDA is successful in communicating with it.

On 1/25/2017 9:29 AM, Dennis L wrote:

Hi I do insert f7 press activate link and nvda doesn’t click on the
link what am I missing?

marvin kotler

There is another way, but it is slower. When you are near the link, use control plus right or left arrow until you hear link then press enter. I find this works all the time, but it is slower then some of the other methods.
Marv

I sometimes happen to encounter it, so I would usually repeat an action
so that it does not fail for the second time. If it is not working for
you, I activate the focus mode, then I tab to the desired link, and then
I press enter, so that I activate the link. If it is to no avail, I play
with different browsers. I also make sure whether a web page is
maximized, so that NVDA is successful in communicating with it.

On 1/25/2017 9:29 AM, Dennis L wrote:

Hi I do insert f7 press activate link and nvda doesn’t click on the
link what am I missing?

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

This doesn't work either I did report it is a confirmed issue. Doing my
part to make NVDA better no matter how small.

I sometimes happen to encounter it, so I would usually repeat an action
so that it does not fail for the second time. If it is not working for
you, I activate the focus mode, then I tab to the desired link, and then
I press enter, so that I activate the link. If it is to no avail, I play
with different browsers. I also make sure whether a web page is
maximized, so that NVDA is successful in communicating with it.

On 1/25/2017 9:29 AM, Dennis L wrote:

Hi I do insert f7 press activate link and nvda doesn't click on the
link what am I missing?

Gene

What browser are you using and would you please send the address of a web page where you have this problem?  The problem may be one where the web page doesn't align properly when using the links list.  In other words, you may appear to be on a link but something on the page is causing the links list not to align properly.  This doesn't appear to be a problem on a lot of web pages.  If that is correct and only certain pages are affected, please send the address of one such page so others can test and see if they can reproduce the problem.  And, as I asked earlier, please tell us which browser you are using.

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>I sometimes happen to encounter it, so I would usually repeat an action
> so that it does not fail for the second time. If it is not working for
> you, I activate the focus mode, then I tab to the desired link, and then
> I press enter, so that I activate the link. If it is to no avail, I play
> with different browsers. I also make sure whether a web page is
> maximized, so that NVDA is successful in communicating with it.
>

> On 1/25/2017 9:29 AM, Dennis L wrote:
>>
>> Hi I do insert f7 press activate link and nvda doesn't click on the
>> link what am I missing?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

This sort of issue used to happen sometimes in IE8 on the old xp windows update links. They either worked but never were noticed as links, or some said link but never worked.

I have not fiound much since than on Firefox except on those pages with weird javascript stuff on them that dynamically alters page content.