NVDA Will Not Load

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) <steven.hicks@...>

Hi friends,

I Have a Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit laptop and it completely refuses to load the latest NVDA, does anyone have any ideas what the issue may be?

You can double clik the desktop icon after a fresh install and nothing at all happens.

I Have even tried running it as an administrator.

The issues seem to have started after I installed a Bluetooth speaker, an Anker but I have now uninstalled this from the device manager and allso in control panel, view devices and deleting it there.

Thank you for your co-operation.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.nhsdigital.nhs.uk/nhsmail

Hi
My first thought is a firewall or permission issue.

John from Woodside Apps. - Accessible Apps and games for mobile devices.
Twitter
https://twitter.com/woodside_apps

Our new game Super Tile Smash
Now available on the App Store!
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/super-tile-smash/id1196714817?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
Android FREE version
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=wa.supertilesmash.free
Android PRO version
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=wa.supertilesmash.pro

On 25/01/2017 11:28, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) wrote:
Hi friends,

I Have a Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit laptop and it completely refuses to
load the latest NVDA, does anyone have any ideas what the issue may be?

You can double clik the desktop icon after a fresh install and nothing
at all happens.

I Have even tried running it as an administrator.

The issues seem to have started after I installed a Bluetooth speaker,
an Anker but I have now uninstalled this from the device manager and
allso in control panel, view devices and deleting it there.

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient please inform the
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or
take any action in reliance on its contents:

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS
staff in England and Scotland
NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive
information with NHSmail and GSi recipients
NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be
accessed anywhere
For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit
www.nhsdigital.nhs.uk/nhsmail

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

I am wondering if it changed the sound source to your headset? If this is the case you can try the following if nvda is running but you can not hear him speaking.

Press the ctrl + nvda key + the letter S. this will bring up your synth settings.

When it comes up press the letter E so you can get back to the E speak synth.

Then you will need also to change the output  This is only one tab after the synth settings. press the letter M to get to microsoft sound mapper.

Then there will be audio ducking tab once more to the ok button and you should be right to go.

On 26/01/2017 12:28 AM, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) wrote:

Hi friends,

I Have a Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit laptop and it completely refuses to load the latest NVDA, does anyone have any ideas what the issue may be?

You can double clik the desktop icon after a fresh install and nothing at all happens.

I Have even tried running it as an administrator.

The issues seem to have started after I installed a Bluetooth speaker, an Anker but I have now uninstalled this from the device manager and allso in control panel, view devices and deleting it there.

Thank you for your co-operation.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.nhsdigital.nhs.uk/nhsmail

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Does a portable version work? Can you run the exe file using explorer to get to the folder?

I have found issues where the desktop icons seem not to work but generally this seems to be on everything not just one item and was last time due to some odball network tool that was misbehaving and putting up a focussed invisible window over the desktop which only the mouse seemed to be able to click through.

The other thing that comes to mind is anti virus issues, but one would expect some kind of error in that case.
Are you saying a previous version would work OK?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-