NVDA review

Don H

I am a long time user of Window Eyes and have only recently began using NVDA. Keeping in mind that my primary uses of the computer are Email and Web surfing I find NVDA works very well. It has lessened my concern that Window Eyes may be going away sometime in the future since it was bought out by VFO. Thanks to all who have developed NVDA.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Don,

On behalf of everyone, thank you :)  We're glad it's working well for you.  I'm here in the group if you ever need anything, and of course, Joseph and everyone else here are very helpful (and usually quicker than me to respond to queries) so feel free to ask if you ever need help with anything.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
I am a long time user of Window Eyes and have only recently began using NVDA.  Keeping in mind that my primary uses of the computer are Email and Web surfing I find NVDA works very well.  It has lessened my concern that Window Eyes may be going away sometime in the future since it was bought out by VFO.  Thanks to all who have developed NVDA.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

hi.
also i am very glad and sincerely wish to help.
so, feel free to ask your questions from me in the group or via my
email address.
thanks and God bless you.

On 1/27/17, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
Hi Don,

On behalf of everyone, thank you :) We're glad it's working well for you.
I'm here in the group if you ever need anything, and of course, Joseph and
everyone else here are very helpful (and usually quicker than me to respond
to queries) so feel free to ask if you ever need help with anything.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Don H <lmddh50@comcast.net> wrote:

I am a long time user of Window Eyes and have only recently began using
NVDA. Keeping in mind that my primary uses of the computer are Email and
Web surfing I find NVDA works very well. It has lessened my concern that
Window Eyes may be going away sometime in the future since it was bought
out by VFO. Thanks to all who have developed NVDA.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer
Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available:
http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess
--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
imam hosein is the beacon of light and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I just did not take to window Eyes. in fact I think Dolphin Supernova knocks it into a cocked hat Inman ways. its dropped back I think and seems to not be logical.
I guess this is where personal prefs come in.Nvda since I've used it first as aback up reader in the start has now become, to me better than most of the other screenreaders, though arguably Jaws and Supernova do still have some clever bits but most of those amount to apps front ending the reader in my view.
it is a bit like add ons I suppose but its also a bit like Guide in that they are not showing original software front ends, just a simple overlay.

Anyway in this direction lies my screenreader is better than yours etc, and in the end its down to budget and how you interact with your computer and what uses you have.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 11:19 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA review

I am a long time user of Window Eyes and have only recently began using NVDA. Keeping in mind that my primary uses of the computer are Email and Web surfing I find NVDA works very well. It has lessened my concern that Window Eyes may be going away sometime in the future since it was bought out by VFO. Thanks to all who have developed NVDA.