Topics

NVDA Jumps Around Randomly

Gary

I am using the latest version of NVDA (2016-4) on Windows 10, and have
been for several months now. I started experiencing a rather strange
and annoying behavior today, seemingly out of nowhere. I hope I can
properly describe it.

The only way I can describe what NVDA is doing is that it randomly
reads a different line of whatever application I am in. It reads the
one I want correctly, but will also read a line I'm not even on. For
example, conveniently, as I was typing the previous sentence, NVDA
read the first line in my edit window.

I have noticed this behavior in pretty much every program I use,
including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Notepad, Thunderbird, and
Chicken Nugget. I am loathed to reinstall from scratch, considering I
have made a lot of configuration changes, so I would appreciate any
advice. If there is debugging I can enable or whatever, I am happy to
do so.

I should also mention that I initially thought this could be something
funky with my keyboard, but I switched to JAWS, which I used in the
past, but it didn't occur then.

Thanks,

Gary

hi.
for me this problem sometimes happens.
i restart nvda to solve it and it works in more than 99.99% of times.

On 2/1/17, Gary <ironmangary@...> wrote:
[...]

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Gary

A restart, which I did multiple times, definitely didn't help.  Thanks!

Rui Fontes

Have you checked if Mouse tracking is on?

Rui

A restart, which I did multiple times, definitely didn't help. Thanks!

Gene

Mouse tracking is on by default.  It has nothing to do with how NVDA works when you aren't using a physical mouse.

Gene

Have you checked if Mouse tracking is on?

Rui

A restart, which I did multiple times, definitely didn't help.  Thanks!

Rui Fontes

In Windows 10, with a touch screen, it have happened to me...

Rui

Mouse tracking is on by default. It has nothing to do with how NVDA works when you aren't using a physical mouse.

Gene

Have you checked if Mouse tracking is on?

Rui

A restart, which I did multiple times, definitely didn't help. Thanks!

Gene

I don't know what happens when using a touch screen.

In Windows 10, with a touch screen, it have happened to me...

Rui

Mouse tracking is on by default.  It has nothing to do with how NVDA works
when you aren't using a physical mouse.

Gene

Have you checked if Mouse tracking is on?

Rui

A restart, which I did multiple times, definitely didn't help.  Thanks!

Jacob Kruger

Sorry, and, probably not relevant at all, but, have in the past had guys working with a laptop's keyboard, and, their forearms brush against the touchpad occasionally, moving the cursor around?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA