Topics

nvda and browse mode

Josh Kennedy

I am using latest NVDA 2016.4. on the walmart website NVDA slows to a crawl, while jaws18 demo is very fast and snappy and works fine. I would like to ask the NVDA devs to re-write browse mode when they get a chance to NVDA is fast and snappy as well, like jaws is. If it would not have been for jaws, as my secondary backup screen reader, I couldn't have placed my order on walmart's website. Hopefully NVDA will fix the sluggish browse mode soon.

thanks

Josh

hi.
i had this problem before.
completely uninstalled nvda and reinstalled again.
my problem is solved now and nvda works great!
but i dont know which browser do you use.
i am only satisfied with nvda and firefox and never dont use another browsers.

On 2/1/17, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:
I am using latest NVDA 2016.4. on the walmart website NVDA slows to a
crawl, while jaws18 demo is very fast and snappy and works fine. I would
like to ask the NVDA devs to re-write browse mode when they get a chance
to NVDA is fast and snappy as well, like jaws is. If it would not have
been for jaws, as my secondary backup screen reader, I couldn't have
placed my order on walmart's website. Hopefully NVDA will fix the
sluggish browse mode soon.

thanks

Josh

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Gene

This appears to be a problem only with one web site, as described.  it isn't clear to me that anything need be done.  If others report the problem or if the developers can replicate it, work may need to be done to keep NVDA and code on the page from interferring with each other.  There may be some other pages where this problem occurs, since it occurs on one page.  But I don't think tinkering with NVDA is worth doing at this point.

Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 8:47 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda and browse mode

hi.
i had this problem before.
completely uninstalled nvda and reinstalled again.
my problem is solved now and nvda works great!
but i dont know which browser do you use.
i am only satisfied with nvda and firefox and never dont use another browsers.

On 2/1/17, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:
> I am using latest NVDA 2016.4. on the walmart website NVDA slows to a
> crawl, while jaws18 demo is very fast and snappy and works fine. I would
> like to ask the NVDA devs to re-write browse mode when they get a chance
> to NVDA is fast and snappy as well, like jaws is. If it would not have
> been for jaws, as my secondary backup screen reader, I couldn't have
> placed my order on walmart's website. Hopefully NVDA will fix the
> sluggish browse mode soon.
>

> thanks
>

> Josh

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Andre Fisher

Could you please state the browser you are currently using? How about a log?

On 2/1/17, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
[...]

did you have this problem with other websites?

On 2/1/17, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...> wrote:
[...]

I'm having zero problems flying through all the fields and controls on the WalMart.com main page using NVDA 2016.4 and the Chrome Browser.  However, traversal of same controls are much slower under Firefox.  I wouldn't call it a crawl, but even I notice an annoying lag. I have the latest versions of both browsers and am running Win10 Home 64-bit Build 14393.693

I've found over time that it's not at all unusual for a given screen reader to "not play well" with a given program so I always try to have an alternative program, be that another screen reader or, as in this case, web browser, to work with.

If anyone wants me to do something to generate diagnostic information I'll be happy to do so.

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell

Gene

Perhaps a month ago, I said that I found Firefox to be slow on some sites where whatever other browser I compared with wasn't.  I believe I also said that it is my impression that this problem has expanded with Firefox, that it is slower on more sites than previously.  Whether this is caused by changes in Firefox or in NVDA, I don't know.

Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 10:13 AM

I'm having zero problems flying through all the fields and controls on the WalMart.com main page using NVDA 2016.4 and the Chrome Browser.  However, traversal of same controls are much slower under Firefox.  I wouldn't call it a crawl, but even I notice an annoying lag. I have the latest versions of both browsers and am running Win10 Home 64-bit Build 14393.693

I've found over time that it's not at all unusual for a given screen reader to "not play well" with a given program so I always try to have an alternative program, be that another screen reader or, as in this case, web browser, to work with.

If anyone wants me to do something to generate diagnostic information I'll be happy to do so.

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell

hi again.
i set firefox that everytime i open it, its like a fresh install.
i dont save anything and its maybe the reason that firefox is very
fast and responsive for me.
i only use firefox and nvda not another browser and screen readers.
i use firefox 51 with nvda 2016.4 and its realy great!
thanks God and there developers and supporters!

On 2/1/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
[...]

If you think that you can think about a thing, inextricably attached to
something else, without thinking of the thing it is attached to, then you
have a legal mind.

~ Thomas Reed Powell

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Gene

I don't know what you mean by not saving anything.  History doesn't slow down a browser.  I don't know if you use book marks but they don't slow down a browser either.  I see no reason to believe that allowing such things as history or keeping book marks has anything to do with the problem.  There are some sites that Firefox is slower in.  This is very likely the result of a conflict between code on the site, Firefox and NVDA or some combination of these things.  History is very useful if you go to a site and later want to return but didn't book mark it because you didn't think you'd want to.

Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 11:19 AM

On 2/1/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
> Perhaps a month ago, I said that I found Firefox to be slow on some sites
> where whatever other browser I compared with wasn't.  I believe I also said
> that it is my impression that this problem has expanded with Firefox, that
> it is slower on more sites than previously.  Whether this is caused by
> changes in Firefox or in NVDA, I don't know.
>
> Gene

yes.
exactly.
i dont save any history, bookmark, password, cookies cashe etc.
when someone sees my firefox thinks that i installed it right now!