Dejan Ristic

Thank you, David. I've been playing with all of it, too.

It is possible to contact the developer through Fatma Mehanna, for he does not speak English.

On 2/2/2017 12:37 PM, David Moore wrote:

Hi Gene,

Thank you so much for responding. Yes, I noticed that as well. The two commands are turned around. Do you use Golden cursor? I am so glad you are playing with it. Being able to move the mouse by ddifferent amounts, is powerful. What do you think about being able to save a mouse pointer position. Wow. Could you let me know if you get his email? I would like to talk to him myself, and let him know how much I like Golden cursor, and I would would like him to keep working on it. Maybe we could come up with ideas to make it better. Take care, Gene.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Gene New Zealand
Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:54 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] controling the mouse?

Hi David

Did you notice the save cursor position and to bring up the list on the page is around the wrong way. It threw me a little then figured what he done.

I think the rest of them are correct as i just had a little play but not with the restriction part yet.

I think there is a email address to let him know and change it easily done to make a mistake.

gene nz

On 2/02/2017 6:50 PM, David Moore wrote:

Hi,

I find the golden cursor the most exciting NVDA add on, and here is exactly why. First of all, You can press a key command, and Golden cursor will tell you in pixels where the mouse pointer is on the screen. Left side is 0 in the X direction, and top is 0 in the y direction of the pointer. Golden Cursor gives you the pointer position in the X, first, then the Y. So, if Golden cursor says 34 748, then you know that the pointer is only 34 pixels from the left of the screen, and it is all of the way at the bottom of the screen 748 pixels from the top. Now, the default of the computer screen with win10 is: 1366 pixels from left to right, and 768 pixels from top to bottom. Now, the next best thing about the Golden cursor, is that you can save a mouse pointer position so that the pointer will go right to that spot. It is like setting a book mark for the mouse pointer. You just press the command, and put in the X number, and Y number, altogether without a space, and then space and describe what that position is,like a very important button in an app, for example. From now on, you can press a command that gives you a list of all saved positions, and you can just enter on the one you want, and the mouse pointer goes right to that spot. That is very powerful. Also, the Golden cursor add on allows you to move the mouse pointer with your arrow keys by so many pixels each time you press an arrow key. For example, you can set Golden cursor to move ten pixels to the right each time you press the right arrow. You just hold down the windows+NVDA as you press the arrow keys. That is very powerful, because you can move the pointer completely straight in a line up, down, right, or left. I have memorized many pixel positions of things on the computer screen because of Golden cursor. For example, the position of the start button is 24 pixels to the left, and 748 pixels to the bottom. So, in other words, the start button is in the very bottom left hand corner of the screen. The desktop icons, are in the top left half of the screen. You can press windows+NVDA+P to hear the position of the pointer by routing it to the review cursor on any object. Now, the review cursor moves with the system carrot, so you can simply go to a desktop icon, and press Windows+NVDA+P on any desktop icon, and hear the pixel position of that icon. You can then save that position, and then, you can later open the list of saved positions and enter on that position, and the mouse pointer will go right there. You can do this on the desktop with key commands, I know. But, what about places in programs where you cannot access a control any other way except for the mouse? This is where the golden cursor becomes the most important add on, I believe. You can have a sighted person put the mouse pointer on a spot, you can press Windows+NVDA+P and hear the pixel position of where a sighted person has put the mouse pointer. Now, you can save that position with Golden cursor. Then, you can go to that position from now on, without sighted help even if you are totally blind. That is how powerful the Golden cursor is. There is even more it does. Now, with NVDA itself, without the Golden cursor add on, you can still do a lot with the mouse. If you go to the preferences menu and go to the mouse settings, you can Turn on play beeps as you move the mouse pointer, either with a mouse, or on your mouse pad on a laptop. For example, as I move my finger over my touch pad on my laptop, with stereo head phones on, as I move the mouse pointer left, the sound comes more and more out of the left head phone. Moving it to the right does the opposite. If I move the pointer up, the tone gets higher in pitch. Moving it down, makes the tones go down in pitch. So, for example, If I hear a low pitch coming more from the right head phone, that means that the pointer is at the bottom of the screen more to the right side of the screen. That can tell you a lot right there. Also, NVDA tells you the text that the pointer is moving over. For example, if I am moving my finger, and I hear News app, I can click my touch pad, just like a sighted person would, to open the News App. Now, with the Golden cursor, I have the position of the pointer saved where my News App is, so I can move the pointer right there, click just like a sighted person, and the news app opens, and I can read the news with the mouse pointer. I can access many apps with the Golden cursor add on and moving the mouse pointer around the app. I hope that there are blind users that are interested in just how much you can do with the mouse, even if you are totally blind. I want to get people excited about this. The mouse is not just for the sighted. There are places in apps, that are used on the job, that only the mouse pointer can get to, and it is possible to use Golden Cursor to save the pointer position for that spot, and move the pointer to that spot, even if you are totally blind. I would like to talk to the developer of the Golden cursor about keeping it up and going, because I use it all the time, to access places in apps that cannot be accessed any other way.

I hope this helps some of your and everyone's questions about this topic.