Topics

displaying file type information?

using windows 10 could someone tell me how to make windows display the file type in all windows? when I go into my music folder it does not show the file type information. In my documents, for example, I can right arrow twice and it tells me the file type

hi.
find folder options.
in the view tab, unchek Hide extensions for known file types-
hope that helps and God bless you!

On 2/2/17, Robert Kingett <@blindjourno> wrote:
using windows 10 could someone tell me how to make windows display the
file type in all windows? when I go into my music folder it does not
show the file type information. In my documents, for example, I can
right arrow twice and it tells me the file type

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Robert,

        Even with "Hide extensions for known file types" selected, the Music folder has special display options.  Are you really interested in the actual extension, e.g., mp3, of your music files?  If so I'll dig into this more, but the default view for music displays other columns that are generally of far more interest to most users.

    I don't find an uninformed hatred a "principled position" that I need to respect in any way.

        ~ Ellen Evans, soc.motss, 11/6/2004

Robert Mendoza

To change the view simply press the control plus shift plus 6 at the same time.

Robert Mendoza

On 2/2/2017 11:45 PM, Robert Kingett wrote:
using windows 10 could someone tell me how to make windows display the file type in all windows? when I go into my music folder it does not show the file type information. In my documents, for example, I can right arrow twice and it tells me the file type

Gene

From your message, it's clear that you don't have Windows set to announce file types.  You don't have to look in other fields to see it.  I don't use Windows 10 and the information I give for doing this may not apply.  other list members may give the procedure for Windows 10.  When set as desired, every file will be displayed with the extension as Name of file mp3 or dot mp3, for example.

It is important to have file types announced aside from the efficiency of doing so.  At times, attachments or other malware files contain double extensions.  If you don't have Windows set to show known file types, you may see the harmless extenssion and not see the second extension which should make you suspicious.

Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2017 12:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] displaying file type information?

To change the view simply press the control plus shift plus 6 at the
same time.

Robert Mendoza

On 2/2/2017 11:45 PM, Robert Kingett wrote:
> using windows 10 could someone tell me how to make windows display the
> file type in all windows? when I go into my music folder it does not
> show the file type information. In my documents, for example, I can
> right arrow twice and it tells me the file type

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I find that the make all folders look like this has gone and seems to now suggest of this type so this often means going around many slightly different folder types and doing it for each which I found a bit of a laborious job, just how many types of folder are there?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the view tab, unchek Hide extensions for known file types-
hope that helps and God bless you!

On 2/2/17, Robert Kingett <@blindjourno> wrote:
using windows 10 could someone tell me how to make windows display the
file type in all windows? when I go into my music folder it does not
show the file type information. In my documents, for example, I can
right arrow twice and it tells me the file type

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I think its very very important to know this info, as it all becomes important when many sound editors or recorders are being used.
I'm sure I've managed it though to my shame I have to say I've created a non music type folder called sound where I put all my in work stuff as it is a much simpler display.

--
*Brian*

I don't find an uninformed hatred a "principled position" that I need to respect in any way.

~ *Ellen Evans * , soc.motss , 11/6/2004

Even in win7, while most folders display the way I'd like there are cases where I have had to adjust things after which they do stay.
Its just the way of the universe, automation is overrated and we should be aware of that.

I find that the make all folders look like this has gone and seems to
now suggest of this type so this often means going around many slightly
different folder types and doing it for each which I found a bit of a
laborious job, just how many types of folder are there?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "nasrin khaksar"
<nasrinkhaksar3@...>
in the view tab, unchek Hide extensions for known file types-
hope that helps and God bless you!

On 2/2/17, Robert Kingett <@blindjourno> wrote:
using windows 10 could someone tell me how to make windows display the
file type in all windows? when I go into my music folder it does not
show the file type information. In my documents, for example, I can
right arrow twice and it tells me the file type

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

What I tend to do since I have a lot of sounds is find what works what won't work, etc.
I then put the sounds I think should go for the project, ofcause I need to write down what I may use and put those sounds in a folder then I just have to put them together.
With over 60 gb of sfx its the only way to do it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Vogel" <@britechguy>