Topics

Important announcement: nvda-kr.org will become part of history from February 15th onwards

Ladies and gentlemen,

For the past four years, the nvda-kr.org website was not only the home of an informational website for NVDA users in Korea, but also served as a venue for announcements and archives of NVDA Users and Developers Conference (NVDACon). During NVDACon Korea held last August, I and other Korean users felt that it is time to let users in Korea manage their own community website, hence nvda.kr website was born. In order to reduce confusion for users, I hereby announce that nvda-kr.org will become part of history from February 15th onwards, to be replaced by a more personal website. The page with information on NVDACon will be hosted from a brand new website just for NvDACon (more on that will be announced by Derek Riemer, chair of the NVDACon International organizing committee). In regards to certain add-ons that receives updates from nvda-kr.org (namely certain versions of StationPlaylist Studio and Windows 10 App Essentials), please update to latest versions of those add-ons.

Thank you for your support for nvda-kr.org for the past four years. It was a pleasure to serve the NVDA community via this website, and I look forward to serving this community via a new website. Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

Bill Dengler

Where will your NVDA tutorials be hosted now?

Thanks,
Bill

On Feb 2, 2017, at 6:05 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi,

It’ll be josephsl.net. I’m moving things here and there, and once the tutorials section is ready, I’ll send out a new link.

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I don't quite get why the change. This sounds like a complication rather than anything else, and I think it will confuse most users.

Not that I use it for obvious reasons for Korean things, but it seemed to me that if you wanted to personalise things having subsets of pages on the same server name would make it all a lot easier for maintaining links and things like that. also many no doubt have the old addresses bookmarked.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Where will your NVDA tutorials be hosted now?

Thanks,

Bill

On Feb 2, 2017, at 6:05 PM, Joseph Lee <@joslee
<mailto:@joslee> > wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen,

For the past four years, the <http://nvda-kr.org/> nvda-kr.org website was
not only the home of an informational website for NVDA users in Korea, but
also served as a venue for announcements and archives of NVDA Users and
Developers Conference (NVDACon). During NVDACon Korea held last August, I
and other Korean users felt that it is time to let users in Korea manage
their own community website, hence <http://nvda.kr/> nvda.kr website was
born. In order to reduce confusion for users, I hereby announce that
<http://nvda-kr.org/> nvda-kr.org will become part of history from February
that receives updates from <http://nvda-kr.org/> nvda-kr.org (namely

Thank you for your support for <http://nvda-kr.org/> nvda-kr.org for the