Topics

Facebook

nick Jentz

Could anyone help me navigate facebook with nvda. I can click on any of the surrounding information, but can’t seem to get into the newsfeed and have it read.  Specifically, how do I get into the newsfeed and then how do you get it to read?  Thanks for any help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Roger Stewart

I've asked for a good tutorial on using Facebook with NVDA but so far, no luck.  All anyone says is that Facebook changes their web page interface so radically and so often, that it just isn't possible to use except for Smart Phone app versions.

Roger

On 2/3/2017 6:33 PM, nickjentz@... wrote:

Could anyone help me navigate facebook with nvda. I can click on any of the surrounding information, but can’t seem to get into the newsfeed and have it read.  Specifically, how do I get into the newsfeed and then how do you get it to read?  Thanks for any help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Albert Ruel

Try using, WWW.M.Facebook.com
It is their mobile site.
Thx, Albert

Sent from my iPhone

On 2/3/2017 6:19 PM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I've asked for a good tutorial on using Facebook with NVDA but so far, no luck.  All anyone says is that Facebook changes their web page interface so radically and so often, that it just isn't possible to use except for Smart Phone app versions.

Roger

On 2/3/2017 6:33 PM, nickjentz@... wrote:

Could anyone help me navigate facebook with nvda. I can click on any of the surrounding information, but can’t seem to get into the newsfeed and have it read.  Specifically, how do I get into the newsfeed and then how do you get it to read?  Thanks for any help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Davy Cuppens

I do not understand while so many blinds use www.facebook.com just use m.facebook.com and there is no problem at all!

Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2017 2:19 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Facebook

I've asked for a good tutorial on using Facebook with NVDA but so far, no luck.  All anyone says is that Facebook changes their web page interface so radically and so often, that it just isn't possible to use except for Smart Phone app versions.

Roger

On 2/3/2017 6:33 PM, nickjentz@... wrote:

Could anyone help me navigate facebook with nvda. I can click on any of the surrounding information, but can’t seem to get into the newsfeed and have it read.  Specifically, how do I get into the newsfeed and then how do you get it to read?  Thanks for any help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

mk360

In my case is because the main site has many features that the movile site doesn't, for example autoload of the feed (yes, I like it) autocompletion in edit areas, the posibility to paste a video and write text without the need to preserve the URL... etc. Obviously, I tested the movile site some time ago and it can be changed now, but some things like press next to see more news from about 10 reads for me is boring.

Regards,

mk.

Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2017 2:19 AM

I've asked for a good tutorial on using Facebook with NVDA but so far, no luck.  All anyone says is that Facebook changes their web page interface so radically and so often, that it just isn't possible to use except for Smart Phone app versions.

Roger

On 2/3/2017 6:33 PM, nickjentz@... wrote:

Could anyone help me navigate facebook with nvda. I can click on any of the surrounding information, but can’t seem to get into the newsfeed and have it read.  Specifically, how do I get into the newsfeed and then how do you get it to read?  Thanks for any help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Robert Mendoza

Yes, you are absolutely correct but keep in mind that it depends on the network or net provider you have. IN which I think that some of here is having trouble with the mentioned link causing to loads from there machine. I would prefer or most likely to used with it in a manner of the signal that has great spot or fast signal. The better and stable connection , the better you have loading that with no problem at all. I personally tell this from my experience because here in my location there some places or area that very poor and ruggedly working. If you like a more extensive views you may still use the suggested site page of wwww.facebook.com but, if you are limited with your connection I would suggest to used instead the mobile site which is m.facebook.com which is very simple to navigate.
Robert Mendoza

Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2017 2:19 AM

I've asked for a good tutorial on using Facebook with NVDA but so far, no luck.  All anyone says is that Facebook changes their web page interface so radically and so often, that it just isn't possible to use except for Smart Phone app versions.

Roger

On 2/3/2017 6:33 PM, nickjentz@... wrote:

Could anyone help me navigate facebook with nvda. I can click on any of the surrounding information, but can’t seem to get into the newsfeed and have it read.  Specifically, how do I get into the newsfeed and then how do you get it to read?  Thanks for any help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

A while back if you are interested i wrote up a basic tutorial on using face book and there might be a audio one as well up on my website at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

It is called how to navigate face book with nvda. When you get to the page you will need to jump down by headings to it.

In face book you also need to change between the modes to do stuff like browse mode, focus mode to see some of the pop up stuff there then change back.

I guess you would be maybe the first on the list to ask for one actually the second as when a mate asked i wrote it up then for him to use in new zealand.

Hope it helps.

Gene nz

On 4/02/2017 2:19 PM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I've asked for a good tutorial on using Facebook with NVDA but so far, no luck.  All anyone says is that Facebook changes their web page interface so radically and so often, that it just isn't possible to use except for Smart Phone app versions.

Roger

On 2/3/2017 6:33 PM, nickjentz@... wrote:

Could anyone help me navigate facebook with nvda. I can click on any of the surrounding information, but can’t seem to get into the newsfeed and have it read.  Specifically, how do I get into the newsfeed and then how do you get it to read?  Thanks for any help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Peter Chin

I tried m.facebook.com and it didn’t work on my computer. I am using Windows 8.1.

I've asked for a good tutorial on using Facebook with NVDA but so far, no luck.  All anyone says is that Facebook changes their web page interface so radically and so often, that it just isn't possible to use except for Smart Phone app versions.

Roger

On 2/3/2017 6:33 PM, nickjentz@... wrote:

Could anyone help me navigate facebook with nvda. I can click on any of the surrounding information, but can’t seem to get into the newsfeed and have it read.  Specifically, how do I get into the newsfeed and then how do you get it to read?  Thanks for any help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Louis Maher <ljmaher@...>

Try:

https://m.facebook.com/

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838

I tried m.facebook.com and it didn’t work on my computer. I am using Windows 8.1.

Sent: Saturday, February 4, 2017 7:53 PM

I do not understand while so many blinds use www.facebook.com just use m.facebook.com and there is no problem at all!

Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2017 2:19 AM

I've asked for a good tutorial on using Facebook with NVDA but so far, no luck.  All anyone says is that Facebook changes their web page interface so radically and so often, that it just isn't possible to use except for Smart Phone app versions.

Roger

On 2/3/2017 6:33 PM, nickjentz@... wrote:

Could anyone help me navigate facebook with nvda. I can click on any of the surrounding information, but can’t seem to get into the newsfeed and have it read.  Specifically, how do I get into the newsfeed and then how do you get it to read?  Thanks for any help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I use the mobile version of Facebook on my HP laptop running Windows
10 and works very well with NVDA. The regular Facebook is too
cluttered, something that does not go well with screen readers.
Nevzat Adil

On 2/6/17, Louis Maher <ljmaher@...> wrote:
Try:

<https://m.facebook.com/> https://m.facebook.com/

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838

E-mail: ljmaher@...

On 2/3/2017 6:33 PM, nickjentz@... <mailto:nickjentz@...>
wrote:

Could anyone help me navigate facebook with nvda. I can click on any of the
surrounding information, but can’t seem to get into the newsfeed and have it
read. Specifically, how do I get into the newsfeed and then how do you get
it to read? Thanks for any help.

10

Arlene

I Thank the person who posted the site to this list days ago. I don’t like the regular site. It's too cluttered. Also, What I found was this, if I was on that site for a long time. My computer would slow down!

wrote:

Could anyone help me navigate facebook with nvda. I can click on any
of the surrounding information, but can’t seem to get into the
newsfeed and have it read. Specifically, how do I get into the
newsfeed and then how do you get it to read? Thanks for any help.

Windows
10

Dejan Ristic

Let me join the Facebook thread.

Hi friends,

I have recently discovered that Google Chrome as a browser makes it possible for us to do the live streaming on facebook. I have checked IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Avast Safe Zone Browser, but to no avail. The link Live Video, it seems, is not recognized by them.

I hope this means something to you.

Dejan

On 2/6/2017 4:12 PM, Louis Maher wrote:

Try:

https://m.facebook.com/

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838

I tried m.facebook.com and it didn’t work on my computer. I am using Windows 8.1.

I've asked for a good tutorial on using Facebook with NVDA but so far, no luck.  All anyone says is that Facebook changes their web page interface so radically and so often, that it just isn't possible to use except for Smart Phone app versions.

Roger

On 2/3/2017 6:33 PM, nickjentz@... wrote:

Could anyone help me navigate facebook with nvda. I can click on any of the surrounding information, but can’t seem to get into the newsfeed and have it read.  Specifically, how do I get into the newsfeed and then how do you get it to read?  Thanks for any help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

how do you live video from the computer using crome?

On 2/6/2017 4:14 PM, Dejan Ristic wrote:

[...]

David Moore

Hi Dejan,

This means a lot to me. I tried those other browsers to find the live Facebook, and I found nothing. I use the Chrome browser all of the time, but I never have used Facebook on it. I will give this a try! Thank you, Thank you!

David Moore

Sent: Saturday, February 4, 2017 7:53 PM

I do not understand while so many blinds use www.facebook.com just use m.facebook.com and there is no problem at all!

Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2017 2:19 AM

I've asked for a good tutorial on using Facebook with NVDA but so far, no luck.  All anyone says is that Facebook changes their web page interface so radically and so often, that it just isn't possible to use except for Smart Phone app versions.

Roger

On 2/3/2017 6:33 PM, nickjentz@... wrote:

Could anyone help me navigate facebook with nvda. I can click on any of the surrounding information, but can’t seem to get into the newsfeed and have it read.  Specifically, how do I get into the newsfeed and then how do you get it to read?  Thanks for any help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Life My Way

i have gotten live videos to play in fire fox.

On 2/6/2017 5:14 PM, Dejan Ristic wrote:

[...]

As I have already said, open your facebook account via Google chrome.

What I do?

When I open my account, I click on the link Skip to news feed.

Then I click on it. It positiones me down in the vicinity of the Create post area.

Then, I activate the focus mode. I Shift-tab a few times till I hear "What's on your mind" spoken. Then I tab till I come to the very link called Live video. Then I switch back to the browse mode, and then I press enter to activate it (for it fails to activate while in the focus mode). Then, I go to the focus mode back again, and I would tab till I hear "Next submenu". When I click on it, a new pop-up window is opened for me. It contains an option called "Go live".

I hope this helps!

On 2/7/2017 12:23 AM, The Wolf wrote:

[...]

How do you manage it?

On 2/7/2017 1:50 AM, Life My Way via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Hello

thanks fore this info

I am coming late in to the thread.

On 2/7/2017 1:51 AM, Dejan Ristic wrote:

[...]

I tried to used Google chrome in accessing my facebook for the first time using the latest of nvda - 2016.4 but it seems I heard or says clickable... clickable every time I navigate on the site. Does noticed it? Or, what should I do in order to setup this correctly?
Robert Mendoza