Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2017 8:46 AM
Subject: [nvda] O E classic again

Hello all,

I just did a system upgrade for a friend and found that live essentials is
no more.  He didn't go all the way to windows 10 so he is stuck without an
email client.  OE classic is inaccessible, but I paid not as much attention
to the discussions on it as I should have.  So, I installed it and was less
than happy with the result.  My friend is even more disgruntled as you can
imagine.  Is any work being done to make an add-on to support OE classic?
If so, how can we contribute?  Neither of us are coders, but we may be able
to help with funding and testing.

Thanks,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

I would be willing to donate if soneone made a OE Classic add on.

What do you mean Live Essentials is no more.  People still use it who are using Windows 8 or 10.  I don't know why it disappeared in the upgrade but it can be reinstalled.

Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2017 8:46 AM

Hello all,

I just did a system upgrade for a friend and found that live essentials is
no more.  He didn't go all the way to windows 10 so he is stuck without an
email client.  OE classic is inaccessible, but I paid not as much attention
to the discussions on it as I should have.  So, I installed it and was less
than happy with the result.  My friend is even more disgruntled as you can
imagine.  Is any work being done to make an add-on to support OE classic?
If so, how can we contribute?  Neither of us are coders, but we may be able
to help with funding and testing.

Thanks,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

As can the Outlook Express hacked display modules for that matter of course, though I just had to reinstall it and all the emails and most settings came back bar the message rules which i suspect are held or were held in the registry, sadly.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

What do you mean Live Essentials is no more. People still use it who are using Windows 8 or 10. I don't know why it disappeared in the upgrade but it can be reinstalled.

I just did a system upgrade for a friend and found that live essentials is
no more. He didn't go all the way to windows 10 so he is stuck without an
email client. OE classic is inaccessible, but I paid not as much attention
to the discussions on it as I should have. So, I installed it and was less
than happy with the result. My friend is even more disgruntled as you can
imagine. Is any work being done to make an add-on to support OE classic?
If so, how can we contribute? Neither of us are coders, but we may be able
to help with funding and testing.

Thanks,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

If you had live essentials installed before January 2017 you can continue to use it.  As of January 2017 the instalation files for live essentials 2011 and 2012 have been pulled from microsoft download sites.  If you try to use the net installer to install a new windows live essentials right now, it won't work.  If you retained an offline installer you can still install it, but I don't remember if one of those existed.  I don't have one.

Best,

Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2017 8:46 AM

Hello all,

I just did a system upgrade for a friend and found that live essentials is
no more.  He didn't go all the way to windows 10 so he is stuck without an
email client.  OE classic is inaccessible, but I paid not as much attention
to the discussions on it as I should have.  So, I installed it and was less
than happy with the result.  My friend is even more disgruntled as you can
imagine.  Is any work being done to make an add-on to support OE classic?
If so, how can we contribute?  Neither of us are coders, but we may be able
to help with funding and testing.

Thanks,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

The Gamages

Hello Gene,

It seems that, after 10 January 2017, it is no longer downloadable from Microsoft.

Best Regards, Jim.

Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2017 8:46 AM

Hello all,

I just did a system upgrade for a friend and found that live essentials is
no more.  He didn't go all the way to windows 10 so he is stuck without an
email client.  OE classic is inaccessible, but I paid not as much attention
to the discussions on it as I should have.  So, I installed it and was less
than happy with the result.  My friend is even more disgruntled as you can
imagine.  Is any work being done to make an add-on to support OE classic?
If so, how can we contribute?  Neither of us are coders, but we may be able
to help with funding and testing.

Thanks,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Gene

Well that's a beauty and the wonder of tech lists.  Just as there was a full installer for the old version, there must be a full installer for the new one.  Let's see if someone has a copy.  I'd like to get it myself in case I want to install it on a Windows 10 machine whenever I get one.  It may be years but I may want to continue to use it.

or my current copy may become corrupted and need reinstalling.

Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2017 8:46 AM

Hello all,

I just did a system upgrade for a friend and found that live essentials is
no more.  He didn't go all the way to windows 10 so he is stuck without an
email client.  OE classic is inaccessible, but I paid not as much attention
to the discussions on it as I should have.  So, I installed it and was less
than happy with the result.  My friend is even more disgruntled as you can
imagine.  Is any work being done to make an add-on to support OE classic?
If so, how can we contribute?  Neither of us are coders, but we may be able
to help with funding and testing.

Thanks,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Yoo hoo!   Look at that other thread I started in response to requests for a Microsoft Essentials 2012 download.  It should be in your inboxes.

    I don't find an uninformed hatred a "principled position" that I need to respect in any way.

        ~ Ellen Evans, soc.motss, 11/6/2004

Why not just use Thunderbird, being it's fully supported, and being NVDA works absolutely beautifully! with it?

Chris.

I just did a system upgrade for a friend and found that live essentials is
no more.  He didn't go all the way to windows 10 so he is stuck without an
email client.  OE classic is inaccessible, but I paid not as much attention
to the discussions on it as I should have.  So, I installed it and was less
than happy with the result.  My friend is even more disgruntled as you can
imagine.  Is any work being done to make an add-on to support OE classic?
If so, how can we contribute?  Neither of us are coders, but we may be able
to help with funding and testing.

Thanks,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

But... it's not yet the 10th quite yet, so, couldn't he get it now while he can?

Chris.

Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2017 8:46 AM

Hello all,

I just did a system upgrade for a friend and found that live essentials is
no more.  He didn't go all the way to windows 10 so he is stuck without an
email client.  OE classic is inaccessible, but I paid not as much attention
to the discussions on it as I should have.  So, I installed it and was less
than happy with the result.  My friend is even more disgruntled as you can
imagine.  Is any work being done to make an add-on to support OE classic?
If so, how can we contribute?  Neither of us are coders, but we may be able
to help with funding and testing.

Thanks,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Just use thunderbird allready, seriously its not that bad just get rid of the lightning app so it doesn't suck.

.

On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 03:45 pm, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
it's not yet the 10th quite yet

Of January?  Er, no, it's well after.

Anyway, I supplied the direct from Microsoft download link, which is still active, and have also placed a zipped (in 7z format) version on my Google Drive in case they eventually take it down, all in a dedicated topic.

    I don't find an uninformed hatred a "principled position" that I need to respect in any way.

        ~ Ellen Evans, soc.motss, 11/6/2004

What's the lightning app?

Chris.

Just use thunderbird allready, seriously its not that bad just get rid
of the lightning app so it doesn't suck.

On 6/02/2017 3:46 a.m., erik burggraaf wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just did a system upgrade for a friend and found that live essentials
> is no more.  He didn't go all the way to windows 10 so he is stuck
> without an email client.  OE classic is inaccessible, but I paid not as
> much attention to the discussions on it as I should have.  So, I
> installed it and was less than happy with the result.  My friend is even
> more disgruntled as you can imagine.  Is any work being done to make an
> add-on to support OE classic?  If so, how can we contribute?  Neither of
> us are coders, but we may be able to help with funding and testing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erik
>
> Sent with AquaMail for Android
> http://www.aqua-mail.com
>

> .

Rosemarie Chavarria

I think the lightning ap is like the calendar in outlook.

Just use thunderbird allready, seriously its not that bad just get rid
of the lightning app so it doesn't suck.

On 6/02/2017 3:46 a.m., erik burggraaf wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just did a system upgrade for a friend and found that live essentials
> is no more.  He didn't go all the way to windows 10 so he is stuck
> without an email client.  OE classic is inaccessible, but I paid not as
> much attention to the discussions on it as I should have.  So, I
> installed it and was less than happy with the result.  My friend is even
> more disgruntled as you can imagine.  Is any work being done to make an
> add-on to support OE classic?  If so, how can we contribute?  Neither of
> us are coders, but we may be able to help with funding and testing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erik
>
> Sent with AquaMail for Android
> http://www.aqua-mail.com
>

> .

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Not everyone likes thunderbird. Used it don’t like it.

Why not just use Thunderbird, being it's fully supported, and being NVDA works absolutely beautifully! with it?

Chris.

I just did a system upgrade for a friend and found that live essentials is
no more.  He didn't go all the way to windows 10 so he is stuck without an
email client.  OE classic is inaccessible, but I paid not as much attention
to the discussions on it as I should have.  So, I installed it and was less
than happy with the result.  My friend is even more disgruntled as you can
imagine.  Is any work being done to make an add-on to support OE classic?
If so, how can we contribute?  Neither of us are coders, but we may be able
to help with funding and testing.

Thanks,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

It only was a suggestion, I'm sorry.

Chris.

[...]

Hmmm well its about all we have that works to be honest.
windows mail is another choice.
live mail 2009 is another choice.
Eudora 7.1 is good but you need to enter certifficates all the time but its ok for non ssl systems I guess.
The bat and pegisus mail come to mind unsure about status.
Thunderbird without lightning is fine.
The only difference between thunderbird and more traditional mail apps is that while it does have menus similar to a desktop app, like skype its basically a web app using the firefox engine which is using the chrome engine.
It can run different clients fron irc to mail to rss to news so I guess we could call it a net shell to be technical.
I am not sure if traditional mail programs exist, with the event of tablets and other things, short of going to a universal app, a web app or web shell like this is probably a good transition.
Its not perfect, but just like nvda it and its browser companian firefox, see monkey, and the mozilla brouser and mail client before it is modular.
Its what attracts me to the system.

On 6/02/2017 5:50 p.m., Dennis L wrote:
[...]

Its thunderbird's answer to a callendar, I have not used it, I don't want it and its not accessible but to be honest with it off performance went up.
I only use thunderbird as a traditional email client, its about all I use it for I know I am not using its entire power or featureset but so what.

On 6/02/2017 1:43 p.m., Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
What's the lightning app?

Chris.

Just use thunderbird allready, seriously its not that bad just get rid
of the lightning app so it doesn't suck.

On 6/02/2017 3:46 a.m., erik burggraaf wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just did a system upgrade for a friend and found that live essentials
> is no more. He didn't go all the way to windows 10 so he is stuck
> without an email client. OE classic is inaccessible, but I paid not as
> much attention to the discussions on it as I should have. So, I
> installed it and was less than happy with the result. My friend is even
> more disgruntled as you can imagine. Is any work being done to make an
> add-on to support OE classic? If so, how can we contribute? Neither of
> us are coders, but we may be able to help with funding and testing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erik
>
> Sent with AquaMail for Android
> http://www.aqua-mail.com
>

> .

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

No me neither likewise live mail and other more recent clients. What I find bad for me is having all the accounts in one long tree which can make it muddly and hard to figure out which folders are tied to which accounts for sorting and if you hide some then you tend to lose messages when you forgot you hid them and have rules sending email there which you forgot you had!
This is why using the bodged up Outlook express is what I'm doing.
Outlook is like using a swiss army knife as screwdriver. it has far too much in it.
20 Euro is not a great amount for three installs on different machines.
It of course still has the bugs OE always had like the preview pane can crash it through nvda, but who wants that preview pane in any case.
It also seems to be handling the secure connections fine as well. Yesterday I had to reinstall it due to it losing the ability to remember passwords, but I took the opportunity to get archived many old emails and tweak some rules while I was at it, It kept the accounts OK though so I'm not complaining. It forced me to do some housekeeping.

The one problem it seems to share with other old clients is that if Windows 10 decides to make a whole new build like the anniversary one it trashes it, so its best to back up all messages when you get wind of an impending mega update from Microsoft.
I had a look at the weird client in 10, but its a tonka toy really.
[...]

I believe like a lot of things, its gone past its support date, which means yes, you can probably still use it but nobody is fixing bugs etc.
I've noticed that some older updates for no longer supported versions of Word have also been pulled down causing later versions of windows to report that lots of automatic updates failed with unable to download the update. It seems they have forgotten to tell 7 and up updaters not to keep trying to download removed office updates, which is a little bit messy in my view.
Most of the ones I see are updates for powerpoint, word and Escel etc in Office 2002/3.