Topics

question about word.

Nika Tsiklauri

Hello everybody! I have a question. When I am working in office programs, NVDA starts becoming slow and sometimes it crashes and isn't responding. How can I fix this? Any suggestions would be apreciated.
With best regards,
Nikoloz

Fernando Apan

Hi, it happens the same when I work with word documents. NVDA doesn't responde as fast as in other aplications, thunderbird or firefox for example. Any advise will be apreciated.

Best regards.

Fernando Apan.

El 07/02/2017 a las 09:52 p.m., Nika Tsiklauri escribió:
Hello everybody! I have a question. When I am working in office programs, NVDA starts becoming slow and sometimes it crashes and isn't responding. How can I fix this? Any suggestions would be apreciated.
With best regards,
Nikoloz

Heaven Botma <heaven@...>

Hi

I experienced a similar problem. These are the steps I took to resolve it.

1. Restart NVDA with all add ons disabled.
2. Remove all add ons.
3. Uninstall NVDA completely and make sure that the programme files are removed.
4. Re-install NVDA from scratch.
5. Re-install the add ons 1 by 1 and check which ones make NVDA sluggish.

I have noticed that the Emotocon add on and a few others make NVDA react sluggishly.

This is with NVDA 2016.4.

Kind regards

Heaven Botma
Dosent: Kaleidoskoop Opleidingskollege
Lecturer: Kaleidoscope Training College

T: 023 348 7634
C: 063 692 2573
F: 023 348 7633
E: heaven@...
W: www.kaleidoscopesa.org
Adderleystraat 20 Adderley Street
Posbus 233 P.O. Box, Worcester, 6849

Hi, it happens the same when I work with word documents. NVDA doesn't responde as fast as in other aplications, thunderbird or firefox for example. Any advise will be apreciated.

Best regards.

Fernando Apan.

El 07/02/2017 a las 09:52 p.m., Nika Tsiklauri escribió:
Hello everybody! I have a question. When I am working in office
programs, NVDA starts becoming slow and sometimes it crashes and isn't
responding. How can I fix this? Any suggestions would be apreciated.
With best regards,
Nikoloz

Nika Tsiklauri

OK. Thank you so much! I will troubleshoot the NVDA issues. Hope I will be able to solve it. BTW, is it necessary to reinstall NVDA and delete its program files? Thanks in advance.

On 08.02.2017 10:48, Heaven Botma wrote:
[...]

hi.
i remember that someone told that he faced this problem without
installing such addons.
whats the reason for this?

On 2/8/17, Nika Tsiklauri <ntsiklauri2@...> wrote:
[...]

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Nika Tsiklauri

I was able to solve my issue. I deleted some synthesisers and add-ons, chick I don't use and problem with NVDA and windows explorer, explorer.exe was solved. It isn't stopping anymore. I will check word later and I will inform you about it. Thanks again!

On 08.02.2017 13:55, Nika Tsiklauri wrote:
[...]

i could not solve it for word.
i dont have any addons or any synthesizer other than espeak and
sometimes nvda hangs for me and becomes completely silent!
in rare cases, even i could not restart it and i should turn off my
computer via power botton and turn on it again!