From: "UMIT ERDEM Yigitoglu" <uyigitoglu@ku.edu.tr>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 3:45 PM
Subject: [nvda] spss use with nvda

hello,

First of all, if you got a embty mail. I'm sorry for that. I use spss with jaws but I would love to use spss with nvda. Does nvda work with spss as effectively as jaws?

Thank you in advance

enes sarıbaş

hi,

unfortunatly, from my testing no. There is a problem with nvda accessing the controls of the program.  An error sound plays with each key press.

On 2/14/2017 6:45 PM, UMIT ERDEM Yigitoglu wrote:

hello,

First of all, if you got a embty mail. I'm sorry for that. I use spss with jaws but I would love to use spss with nvda. Does nvda work with spss as effectively as jaws?

Thank you in advance

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I have no idea what this is exactly.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

unfortunatly, from my testing no. There is a problem with nvda accessing
the controls of the program. An error sound plays with each key press.

On 2/14/2017 6:45 PM, UMIT ERDEM Yigitoglu wrote:

hello,

First of all, if you got a embty mail. I'm sorry for that. I use spss
with jaws but I would love to use spss with nvda. Does nvda work with
spss as effectively as jaws?

Thank you in advance

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

Hi Brian,

SPSS is an ancient and proprietary research tool used in academic disciplines, particularly socialwork in my experience. It should probably just die and be replaced by something more modern that takes advantage of modern technology and is designed to current standards and best practices, but 20 and 30 years ago, academic institutions and governments paid vast amounts of money into it. So, it will stay probably until the very last personal computers are on their last pins, and people with disabilities will continue to be disadvantaged in professions where it's in use.

Best,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On February 15, 2017 12:39:12 PM "Brian's Mail list account" <bglists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

I have no idea what this is exactly.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
unfortunatly, from my testing no. There is a problem with nvda accessing
the controls of the program. An error sound plays with each key press.

On 2/14/2017 6:45 PM, UMIT ERDEM Yigitoglu wrote:

hello,

First of all, if you got a embty mail. I'm sorry for that. I use spss
with jaws but I would love to use spss with nvda. Does nvda work with
spss as effectively as jaws?

Thank you in advance

enes sarıbaş

hi,

Spss, is still widely used in the social sciences.