which u block are you folks using

mcLeod stinnett

--
from mack
read from the faq,

uBlock vs. uBlock Origin: what's the difference?

Citing frustration with the increasing volume of support and feature
requests from users of uBlock, gorhill (the original developer behind
uBlock) transferred ownership of the project to the current uBlock
development team, composed of contributors to the original project.

Chris Aljoudi is now the lead developer of uBlock. Alex Vallat heads
Firefox development, bringing uBlock to hundreds of thousands of
Mozilla fans.

After transferring ownership of the uBlock project, gorhill forked
uBlock into uBlock Origin, a personal fork for which he's been
releasing builds and providing support via the extension's Chrome Web
Store entry.

After the transfer, there were some issues regarding wording and
attribution. After consulting with gorhill, this was promptly
addressed and resolved — gorhill and the team are content and
satisfied with the resolution.

Even though there were no malicious intents or actual conflicts within
the team, various aggressive false rumors and accusations were being
spread. Some of those are:
•gorhill was forced to give up uBlock for legal reasons.
•uBlock was "bought" from gorhill.
•uBlock is attempting to monetize.
•uBlock is an illegitimate "clone" of uBlock Origin.

... and various others. The accusations have no basis in truth, and
probably rather the result of some form of the "telephone"/Chinese
whispers game.

It's been openly discussed and offered to transfer uBlock back to
gorhill; he has declined the offer.

Which one am I using? Should I switch to the other one?

You can tell by looking at the uBlock icon:

ublock icon

You're welcome and should feel free to use either per your own
judgment. If you're currently using uBlock Origin, you're welcome to
move over to the main uBlock project.

Please note that the uBlock development team only supports uBlock, not
uBlock Origin. Thus, uBlock Origin-specific issues are under gorhill's
control.

back to uBlock Home

--

Hmmm interesting to know, thats company polotics for you.
I have been using ublock origin for the last 3 years and have no plans to switch at the current time its previded me with no issue at all and is loads better than addblock+.

On 16/02/2017 9:03 a.m., mcLeod stinnett wrote:

Brian's Mail list account

I must have been living in a bubble then as I've not heard of these whispers. To me having two times the ideas means that the software can expand in ways that just one team might not think of.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

I use and will continue to use u block origin. I do so on the recommendation of Steve Gibson and a host of other nationally known security professionals.

George

[...]

Casey <cwollner@...>

hi where can you get the program from?

--
Casey

Laughing Thunder

Same here. uBlock Origin is the best.

-----Original Message----- From: mcLeod stinnett
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Laughing Thunder

uBlock Origin is a Firefox add-on, which is designed to block advertising and other types of trackers. If you use the Firefox web browser, choose add-ons from the tools menu, and search for uBlock Origin. You should be able to get it from there.

On 2/17/2017 8:21 PM, Casey wrote:
hi where can you get the program from?

any fore internet explorer?is there

Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Robert Mendoza

If you can't find it here is the direct link of it.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
Once you are into the page, just scroll down till you heard the linked that says "click to add to Firefox", then you are prompted to install in to your Firefox. Simply hit or pressed Alt plus I to install it then you browser will restarted. And, to check if the addons is fully install yew can check it under the Tools menu.

Robert Mendoza