Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2017 1:35 PM
Subject: [nvda] strange issue that I can't run down.

Hi list ken here something very very frustrating happened today during a voicechat.  was playing golf with the jim kitchen games during a hole in fact as the voice was speaking telling me how far to shoot all at once it stopped talking in mid sentence no sound came out.  at first thought my speaker had died but when switched off no sound out of the headset.  my microphone was keyed everything was running.  when my key was cleared heard the moderator say he had cleared me I heard his voice.  in other words everything was working. I had to sign out and sign back in.  NVDA the kiteche game and talking communities were all operating.  signed out signed back in and thanks to my computer ken shoots a zero on golf today my game was lost on the signout.  so what happened everything was working and microphone was keyed and I could still hear sounds.  is it NVDA is it the soundcard is it an update needed on the soundcard

ken lawrence

yeah think I know that might have happened.  sound card was working could hear the moderator tell me that he had cleared me. when I hit alt plus ctrl plus delete espeak worked.  I think the kitchen game which uses sappi five voices and NVDA which is using dectalk also as a sappi five may have conflicted I had a similar issue when they were both using the same voice but not with two different voices.  I also know that at least one other member of that regular chat is using NVDA but not sure if he is using the same voice on both.  he is using a different language on the regular NVDA than what kitchen golf uses  one day we were playing and one player noticed some extra verbiage.  he has his NVDA set for spanish when he hit the space bar to make a shot the voice said Espacio will have to see if he's ever run into the same issue.  the rest of the group is using jaws so there is likely no conflict.  think what I'll try is toggle speech off in NVDA and see if it happens again.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

So what exactly stopped. Ie If you blindly opened something or went to desktop did the nvda still work?
I do not knoow the game or its keystrokes but you can easily mute the nvda output with certain key combinations and if these are used in the game its always going to occur.
I think more info is definitely needed on what stopped and did it stop everywhere or just in the application you were in, and also was it a crash or just the output was switched off in the session.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-