Lines with unknown characters aren't spoken

Anne Günther

Hi
This might be already a well-known problem, but here goes anyway.
When scrolling through line by line, lines that contain unknown character symbols aren't spoken at all.
That usually concerns lines with emojies.
Any suggestions what to do about that?
I'm using nvda 2016.4 and windows1-0.
Guenni

Tyler Spivey

What are you using for a synth?
Does this also happen with eSpeak?

On 2/19/2017 12:43 PM, Anne Günther wrote:
Hi
This might be already a well-known problem, but here goes anyway.
When scrolling through line by line, lines that contain unknown
character symbols aren't spoken at all.
That usually concerns lines with emojies.
Any suggestions what to do about that?
I'm using nvda 2016.4 and windows1-0.
Guenni

Quentin Christensen

Hi Guenni,

Does this happen in a particular program (e.g., Microsoft Word or Firefox)?  And it's the whole line not being read, not just the particular character?

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Anne Günther

Hi
I'm using nvda vocalizer. Tested it with espeak and things work fine there. *sigh*.
Guenni

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

This normally occurs if the voice or synth in use has no definition for those characters in my experience.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-