Windows 10 Mail app

Chris Mullins

Hi

Does anyone on the list use the built-in mail app in Windows 10 and if so, I would welcome your advice re accessibility.  I have no sight and rely on voice feedback only.

Cheers

Chris

Simone Dal Maso

It works quite well, sometime when you are writing you can't know what you are doing, so please install the excellent nvda's addon named:
Windows10 app essentials.

Best regards.

Il 23/02/2017 12:02, Chris Mullins ha scritto:
Hi

Does anyone on the list use the built-in mail app in Windows 10 and if
so, I would welcome your advice re accessibility. I have no sight and
rely on voice feedback only.

Cheers

Chris

matthew dyer

Lates version of NVDA works with no problem.  The only thing that drives me crazy is that deleting a message, doesn't truely delete the message.  It archives it and there is no way to change the behaver for this at least for me.  I am using gmail and it is driving me crazy as i said.

Matthew

On 02/23/2017 06:02 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi

Does anyone on the list use the built-in mail app in Windows 10 and if so, I would welcome your advice re accessibility.  I have no sight and rely on voice feedback only.

Cheers

Chris

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Chris

There is a tutorial written on this program it was written by David.

At present it is when you type say in a email you can not hear what you have typed, but you can review with the left and right arrow keys etc. if i remember also it will also read out all when a say all is done.

I think i was reading some where on the list in a few weeks or maybe a month ther eis a new insider build that people on windows 10 will get and those problems will be fixed.

any how if you are interested in the tutorial it can be found at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

You willl then need to jump down by headings to the tutorial called how to use the windows 10 mail app or something like that.

please note it also says about those bugs i mentioned.

hope it helps.

Gene nz

On 24/02/2017 12:02 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi

Does anyone on the list use the built-in mail app in Windows 10 and if so, I would welcome your advice re accessibility.  I have no sight and rely on voice feedback only.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Mullins

Thank you for your responses to this issue and to David for an excellent write-up.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Does it do news groups like the other clients before it?
Also somebody told me its actually better to use Narrator on this app. I really don't want to do that.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

It works quite well, sometime when you are writing you can't know what you are doing, so please install the excellent nvda's addon named:
Windows10 app essentials.

Best regards.

Il 23/02/2017 12:02, Chris Mullins ha scritto:
Hi

Does anyone on the list use the built-in mail app in Windows 10 and if
so, I would welcome your advice re accessibility. I have no sight and
rely on voice feedback only.

Cheers

Chris

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

But Outlook express does the same moving it to deleted folder. You then say once a month, check this and if there is nothing you want to keep delete the lot.